• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Two Rock 10th Anniversary

ShaunzNoiz

Played Signature #10 today. Truly magical!!! The best reverb of any amp of this style that I have ever heard.

Very musical and dynamic.

Anyone else try one yet?

SReynolds

Silver Supporting Member
Played Signature #10 today. Truly magical!!! The best reverb of any amp of this style that I have ever heard.

Anyone else try one yet?

Yes i got #06 the first of the week. Awesome amp indeed!! Smoking cleans and leads. The reverb is one of the best I've heard as well, but the cool thing is you can turn it off and it still has an unbelievable clean and to me that's a sign of a great amp. Extremly versatile, and can go from first to second channel, clean to absolutly screamin and not touch a thing which is great. Mid gain tone are of various variety and are good as well.

Steve Snider

Gold Supporting Member

Anyone else try one yet?
Totally agree, I have a 100 watter (highly recommended) and man is it good. Has amazing cleans, great reverb for both channels and a killer lead channel. Super responsive amp. One of the best production Two Rocks ever made.

Maven

Gold Supporting Member
They are also doing the 50 watter with tube rectifiers, right? I'd love to hear and feel both of them side by side.

Tag

Platinum Supporting Member
They are also doing the 50 watter with tube rectifiers, right? I'd love to hear and feel both of them side by side.

Me too. As well as having a type III right there! Another killer is the type 1 which you do not hear much about. I loved that amp when I played it. Any type 1 players around?

Sniper-V

All this 10th Anni praise is making me wish I pulled for one of those instead of a Classic Reverb which I recently just acquired. With that said, I love the CR!

Steve Snider

Gold Supporting Member
Yes, the tube rectifiers are engaged in the 50 watter. Keep in mind that tube rectifiers are squishier and two of them are less squishy than one.This amp already has the squishier power supply and so to me thats plenty of squish and give. The Classic reverb which you dug a bunch has no tube rectifier and remains one of my favorite Two Rocks to date. The type 3 has a pair of rectifiers and is a cool amp but I like the 100 watt Anniversary much better. I also like my modded Topaz that is a Hard amp to beat IMHO.

Steve Snider

Gold Supporting Member
All this 10th Anni praise is making me wish I pulled for one of those instead of a Classic Reverb which I recently just acquired. With that said, I love the CR!
The Classic Reverb is an awesome amp and one of the very few I miss, I would take that over most amps including most Two Rocks.

Maven

Gold Supporting Member
Yes, those Two Rock guys are smart cookies!

Maven

Gold Supporting Member
Yes, the tube rectifiers are engaged in the 50 watter. Keep in mind that tube rectifiers are squishier and two of them are less squishy than one.This amp already has the squishier power supply and so to me thats plenty of squish and give. The Classic reverb which you dug a bunch has no tube rectifier and remains one of my favorite Two Rocks to date. The type 3 has a pair of rectifiers and is a cool amp but I like the 100 watt Anniversary much better. I also like my modded Topaz that is a Hard amp to beat IMHO.
No question about it, out of the 4 Two Rocks I've owned (Emerald Pro, Custom Reverb Sig 2, Jet, Classic Reverb) I have to admit the Classic Reverb was my favorite. I guess I really ended up missing the Two Rock overdrive though. (Nod to the Emmy Pro). I do like dirt pedals but for me the Two Rock is all about have 2 channels. And since that time, no dirt pedal has even some close to the overdrive tones I hear in these amps. I borrowed a friends Kimock and was floored by the drive channel of that amp. I guess for me the ultimate Two Rock would be the Classic Reverb cleans and the Kimock Overdrive which is basically the Type III, right? But then you miss that beautiful Reverb so then I guess the answer is 10th Anniversary. My prediction is that Two Rock will probably do a non-limited version of the 10th (with a different name and a black faceplate) at the normal Two Rock price point sometime in the future with maybe a few tweaks here and there. I definitely like the idea of having independent contour and reverb controls for each channel.

ShaunzNoiz

I think I'm going to try to get my hands on a 10th Anniversary Sig. 100 watter. The 50 was amazing, but I know that I will always need the extra headroom of the 100.

Simply amazing!

Steve Snider

Gold Supporting Member
I think I'm going to try to get my hands on a 10th Anniversary Sig. 100 watter. The 50 was amazing, but I know that I will always need the extra headroom of the 100.

Simply amazing!

The 100 offers more than headroom. It also adds beef as in girth to all aspects clean and lead. It adds articulation when cranking the amp up as it wont squish up as much.The power supply is not the same power supply as in the E Pro or Opal. This one has the softer supply like the Custom reverbs , and most of their other models. The 50 watt version may offer a sweetness at lower volumes but this amp is far better turned up than as a bedroom amp and that goes for 50 or 100.

GAT

I have 2 100 watt Two Rocks, I too, like the beef of the bigger wattage. The masters work so well anyway.

heady dude

Man, now Im gassing for a 10th, these things are addictive! The Type 3 blew me away tonight, great amp.
Is the OD channel really close to the Kimock? The cleans on it are amazing, just wish it had reverb.

Tag

The 100 offers more than headroom. It also adds beef as in girth to all aspects clean and lead. It adds articulation when cranking the amp up as it wont squish up as much.The power supply is not the same power supply as in the E Pro or Opal. This one has the softer supply like the Custom reverbs , and most of their other models. The 50 watt version may offer a sweetness at lower volumes but this amp is far better turned up than as a bedroom amp and that goes for 50 or 100.

Be careful with that softer power supply though. I absoutley can not use it. It is sluggish and farty in pick response to me. Nothing at all like the rubberiness of tube rectifiers. I need the stiffer, faster power supply whether its with tube or solid state rectification. Be careful of which one you order, and try and play them both if you can. That power supply is what made me sell my CRSig2 in a hurry. Just a BAD match for my style. For others, it may be perfect however, as it seems is for Steve. just a warning as it makes a HUGE difference, and you want to get it right! :dude

I actually set out to get the 10th annie, saved up all the money necessary, but after talking to Joe/Bill and playing a Classic Reverb I went with the Classic Reverb instead. I've been totally happy, actually the CR has exceeded my expectations. The negative feedback switches are awesome and not many amps, even the 10th annie, have them. The feedback switches makes me feel like I have multiple amps b/c of the way it changes how the amp reacts. I find that I typically leave the tone knobs alone, after having dialed in my tone, and I play with the switches to get subtle differences. Even these the subtle changes from the switches inspire me to play differently. I normally only play clean or slightly overdriven. I just picked up a fulldrive pedal for some light overdrive and it just works really well together. Anyhow, all I meant is don't let the GAS get to you, the amp you have is awesome.

Steve Snider

Gold Supporting Member
Be careful with that softer power supply though. I absoutley can not use it. It is sluggish and farty in pick response to me. Nothing at all like the rubberiness of tube rectifiers. I need the stiffer, faster power supply whether its with tube or solid state rectification. Be careful of which one you order, and try and play them both if you can. That power supply is what made me sell my CRSig2 in a hurry. Just a BAD match for my style. For others, it may be perfect however, as it seems is for Steve. just a warning as it makes a HUGE difference, and you want to get it right! :dude
The Type three has the same softer power supply too Tag.

Steve Snider

Gold Supporting Member
I actually set out to get the 10th annie, saved up all the money necessary, but after talking to Joe/Bill and playing a Classic Reverb I went with the Classic Reverb instead. I've been totally happy, actually the CR has exceeded my expectations. The negative feedback switches are awesome and not many amps, even the 10th annie, have them. The feedback switches makes me feel like I have multiple amps b/c of the way it changes how the amp reacts. I find that I typically leave the tone knobs alone, after having dialed in my tone, and I play with the switches to get subtle differences. Even these the subtle changes from the switches inspire me to play differently. I normally only play clean or slightly overdriven. I just picked up a fulldrive pedal for some light overdrive and it just works really well together. Anyhow, all I meant is don't let the GAS get to you, the amp you have is awesome.
The Classic Reverb is such a great amp and would be in my top three Two Rocks ever made.

Tag

The Type three has the same softer power supply too Tag.

As the CRsig2????? :confused::confused::confused: That seems impossible, and not what I was told. I was told the Classic 1-2-3 all have the stiffer power supplies, while the CRS2 had the softer. Which is it??

Trending Topics