Two Rock CRS questions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by ecbluesman54, Apr 7, 2008.

1. ecbluesman54

ecbluesman54 Member

I have read a few different posts that the CRS takes some time to dial it in, but once you do it's great. What are some suggestions for dialing in this amp, and what are the good starting points? i have read the manual on Two Rock's website to get an idea of the layout of this amp and had some specific questions:

How do you typically set the front toggle switches to get a blues/ classic rock tone?
    Do you prefer EQ1 or 2 setting?
    Could you tell me more about the front toggle switch marked bypass, and for that matter the footswitch as well?

Thanks, I appreciate any input!

2. BudLite

BudLite Supporting Member

Start w/ everything on 12 oclock, except the Master vol. and reverb. the front toggle switchs are as marked, keep them all down, The footswitch controls the od and pab..I prefer the eq in the down postion. It is really a easy amp to work with and understand. Remember the gain knob affects the clean and od channels. Try thr reverb at 10:00 and the reverb on the back of amp at 10:00 as well.

3. GoodGAS

GoodGAS Supporting Member

I'm a newbie with my CRS but man what a great, great amp! Any guitar I plug in sounds sooooo good...
    I agree with BudLite's comments and would just add that IMO it definitely works best with the TR speakers compared others i've tried: Cel Blue, G12H, Vin 30, etc...I have both the 12-65 and the 12-65R and they really are matched perfectly for the amp. In fact I like them so much that I've loaded a 12-65 into my BadCat Custom Shop A/B 50 and IMO is much better matched with that amp than the standard BadCat/Celestion that comes loaded in it.

After having owned many, many great high end amps, I now understand what the TR buzz all about...:roll

4. BudLite

BudLite Supporting Member

It is a great amp, I forgot to mention that it sounds sweet through the Two Rock sig cab. And yes I like the TR 12-65 as well. I have the 1x12 sig cab. Looks great w/ the head.
    [​IMG]

5. November5th

November5th Member

I have CRS Version 1.It is the best amp I have ever owned or played through,and I have played through many after working in music stores ands attending trade shows.Like many Two-Rock amps a good starting point is having your EQ controls at 12:00.I like have the bright switch down,the mid switch up ,and the bass switch down,and EQ2.If you want more Fender like cleans and a more crunchy gain tone have the bright switch up.The bypass switch bypasses the EQ controls and gives you more gain,great for a lead boost.I myself am going for a more smooth horn like sound,so that might not be for everyone.I can go on for days about the greatness of this amp.I have a short clip of my CRS,just click the link at the bottom of my signature and you are there.Peace.

Dean

6. ecbluesman54

ecbluesman54 Member

Very nice playing.
    I posted the original question because I just took delivery of a CRS V.2 and Sig 2x12 cab (from the Music Zoo, great to work with!) I will get a chance in just a bit to try out the guidelines above, and will have a chance in a band setting tommorrow to really try it.
    Thanks!

7. Tag

Tag Gold Supporting Member

Nice tones, and one thing I think most will agree on. The Csigs have one of the best reverbs I have ever heard. It rivaled my Brunos. :AOK

8. November5th

November5th Member

Thanks a lot guys :).Yes Tag the reverb on the Cigs are great and it doesn't have any affect on the original tone.Also, Two-Rock and other Dumble style amps have the most musical mids that cut through a mix and don't fatigue the ear.After playing in many loud bands throughout the years the Two-Rock Crs is a blessing to my ears.Peace.

Dean