Two Rock Custom Reverb & Hi Gain/Brown Sound

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by PLAYLOUD, Dec 2, 2017.

1. PLAYLOUD

PLAYLOUD Member

I'm of the mind set that this amp probably doesn't pair well with high gain pedals. Probably because of the players I've seen use it and I'm assuming this is also more of a blues/blues rock amp.

Wanted to see if anyone has experience with this amp with pedals like Friedman, JHS, or other high gain pedals

If you have clips or videos please share. Thanks!

2. PurpleJesus

PurpleJesus Moderation is key Staff Member Supporting Member

If you’re just going to use the CRS as a clean pedal platform it’s great for that. Lots of headroom on the clean channel. Eq as needed. I’ve had a couple from that lineage of design and they take fuzz pedals like a champ.

Bluesful and Abram4235 like this.
  3. tinkercity

tinkercity Supporting Member

I've got the Classic Reverb Sig, one of the newer ones and it's an incredible pedal platform.

Abram4235 likes this.
  4. braddles4

braddles4 Member

I just bought a Custom Reverb Sig V1 last week and it takes drive pedals like my Friedman Dirty Shirley and BE-OD exceptionally well. I was thinking about getting the new BE-50 Deluxe, but the Friedman pedals/CRS V1 combination is so good I am not sure what I would gain. I am sure the BE-50 is another step up, but I am mainly a home player.

I have found the CRS V1 takes Marshall style pedals much better than my Studio Pro 35, which has too much bass/is too dark for these types of pedals.

Abram4235 likes this.
  5. PLAYLOUD

PLAYLOUD Member

Thanks! Do you have any clips/videos?

6. TheWayfarer84

TheWayfarer84 Supporting Member

I have an older pre-sig Custom Reverb. I don't have much in the way of high gain other than a Green Russian Muff clone and a BC183 FF, but that amp LOVES those pedals. The amp is a little stronger in the mids than the Signature versions and my Crystal, so it pairs really well with Fuzz.

7. cnardone

cnardone Member

I have a K&M Custom so slightly different. But a high Gain King of Tone, dirty channel gain @ noon, guitar volume on 10, it gets pretty raunchy. For me, I don't think it holds the base tightly enough for power chord type stuff. The bigger 'issue' I've found is that everything cleans up really well when rolling back the guitar volume. I once had the drummer stop mid song in rehearsal "What are we F$%$%ing playing, Jazz????" Ha!!!