Two rock e.pro with mods arrives!!!

Tag

Platinum Supporting Member
And hold onto your check books!! WOW does this thing sound AMAZING!!!

The mods work just as I had wanted them, with the exception of one that I have not figured out yet. (A 3 way bright switch) I will call Bill on Monday. I think the biggest improvement though is what Bill called a "SWEETER" power amp. No idea what he did, but this thing is flat out amazing, and sounds HUGE. Its got that girth that I hear only in the old ford Blue line clips. Its as SMOOTH as you could ever want, and with the HRM, really holds close intervals with overdrive together better than non HRM amps to my ear. (I hit some in this clip to show that) The Type 3 is more scooped, where the E.Pro is very mid heavy. What a killer combination of amps! I have been raving about the E.Pro for years, and to my ear, this will stand toe to toe with any Dumble or Dumble style amp being built, and knock out most of them. This is the amp that I A/bd with the tan Dumble at Ultra, and could get them sonically dead on. With these mods, I think this amp is now ever better than the tan Dumble! :eek::eek::eek:
I posted a demo clip of it in the amps demo section. Check out the tone here... http://www.soundclick.com/player/sin...d=7906255&q=hi

SReynolds

Silver Supporting Member
Simmer down, simmer down. Good reason to get wound up. Sounds good Tag. Bills the man.

Maven

Silver Supporting Member
Finally, an amp that is better than the Tan Dumble at Ultrasound. We will all sleep better tonight.;)

NFB

....Tag,

:banana:banana :bananaAWESOME!:banana:banana:banana

Is Two Rock going to wake up and re-issue the beast?

Or better yet...........I hear Brandon has nailed it....he got so close to the tan dumble? ..............Maybe he will re-issue it....of course with Bill's blessings.

Or.......maybe Shad will issue it to the public?

BudLite

Silver Supporting Member
Way to go Tag, sounds great!!!!!!!!!!
The Epro is just such a fun amp to play, chock full of tones!

Tag

The amount of bloom that can be heard is just phenomenal. Sounds killer!
Thanks and good ear! The note bloom is what the Emerald Pro has always been about. It trys as hard as it can to hold the note in the amp, but very SLOWLY the note wins and finds its way out of the amp. :aok

Steve Snider

Gold Supporting Member
Awesome! Bill is at the top of his game. Recently he updated my three channel one off Topaz and it is so amazing. I am sure they will continue to kick out some awesome stuff for us lucky ones that have 'em.

And maybe if we are lucky, this thread will not be polluted by other builders or the anti TR crowd.

Enjoy that amp!

traviswalk

In the Great State
Nice work Tag, sounds awesome! For now, my ePro sounds great for me and it's staying put! Nice to know the option is there to have Bill tinker with it. Keep on rocking in the free world.

blues junkie

Gold Supporting Member
Ok guys, place your bets on how long Tag will keep this one.

My official time is 112 days, 33hrs, 22 minutes & 19 seconds.:rotflmao

:munch:munch:munch:munch:munch:munch:munch:munch

And the clock starts now.

Frankee

Wartime Consigliere
I hate to say it...........but that does sound purty damn nice. I don't know WTF you were going through at 2:51......but other than that.....sounds really keen.

Guitar? Pickups? Cab? Anything else?

trower

[geer/peyj] hubris, confuse, paralysis by analysis
Gold Supporting Member
....or until Line 6 come's out with there version...try to resist Tag.

Tag

I hate to say it...........but that does sound purty damn nice. I don't know WTF you were going through at 2:51......but other than that.....sounds really keen.

Guitar? Pickups? Cab? Anything else?
LOL!! That was my favorite part of the entire clip! Just 2 major 7th intervals held at the same time. I think thats the type of thing where HRM amps are better than non HRM. PRS artist 3 with Dragon 2 PUPS. 1/12 twoRock cab with a twoRock 65 speaker. It will sound better with an EV. I have to drop it back in.

NFB

LOL!! That was my favorite part of the entire clip! Just 2 major 7th intervals held at the same time. I think thats the type of thing where HRM amps are better than non HRM. PRS artist 3 with Dragon 2 PUPS. 1/12 twoRock cab with a twoRock 65 speaker. It will sound better with an EV. I have to drop it back in.
Your finally coming around on the EV the again......

No other speaker outperforms on a Dumble style amp than an EV......and I have tried....JBL's, Altecs, Celestions, ect......

I will say that you have to try out an Emi Red Fang.......it is a match!!

blues junkie

Gold Supporting Member
I say 12 days as the type III will give it the boot!
Hey Steve,12 days is most likely spot on.:roll

I took into account the 197 versions of Politician that we will have to endure before Tag declares this one the 'WINNER':banana:banana:banana:banana and then announce he is letting it go for some mysterious reason.:rimshot

Enoy the new amp Tag. It sounds great.:rockin

Trending Topics