Two Rock Emerald Pro High Gain vs. Regular?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by jzucker, Dec 24, 2009.

1. jzucker

jzucker Supporting Member

What's the diff and how easy is it to change from high gain back to the normal circuit?

2. Randy

Randy Member

The high gain version is what's considered normal, the low gain is the exception. I've heard there were only something like 10 low gainers made, originally for Ultrasound.

The difference is just 2 resistors, a very easy change. I've got detailed instructions with pics if anyone needs them. I've had both and prefer the high gainer.

3. jzucker

I'd love the instructions/pix. Thanks!

4. Tag

Tag Gold Supporting Member

Jack, Randy is right. The only mod you want to do is add a 500K treble cap so you can switch between the stock 330 and the new 500. Two rock did it for me on an emmy, and Shad at Quinn did it for me on my Quinn. Grab an emmy, set the loop to series, and away you will go! The cleans are not as good as the best Tworocks now, but Bill fixes that for very little $$$ with a power supply "sweeten" mod. With that and the 500/330 switch, you will be in smooth Dumble heaven. Emmys are freakin magical, addicting amps. The strain, cylinder sounding, phasey king. :banana I will own another when I can get more $$$. Just grab a high gain, black transformer model. Make SURE its the STOCK transformers!!!

5. jzucker

thanks tag. This is the one from ultrasound so hopefully it's already dialed in and with the stock transformers.