• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Two Rock Exo Volume

mbookatz

Hi everyone as you might know I have a two rock exo 15 and love it, its great. What i would love to know from other users is where they have there master volume when they play. my settings are usually, gain on full, treble on 30%, mids on full, bass on 75% master to taste and contour on 30%. I really love my tone and it really is the first time i have enjoyed my guitar tone since i have started playing and that is really around 15 years. What confuses me is basically i play in a band and we play the usual pub and club thing in london and i play through a 2 x 12 cab with eminence tonkerlite neodynium speakers. I cant play with my master above 2.5 its crazy, its amazing how loud it gets, i can completely drown out my drummer, and he uses a huge dw kit. What i dont get is all these people who swear by 50 watts when i cant play a 15 watt amp about 2.5 when i play live gigs. I was wondering if anyone else has this issue with a 15 watt amp. BTW on these settings than amp is still relatively clean, so i still have clean headroom.

synchu

I did it vice versa lately. Master cranked and gain to taste. Wonderfull full tone with a lot of sustain. Exo is great!
Now 15 watts is not at all that less volume compared to 50. Exo boosted with a Suhr Kokoboost was easily louder than another custom 50 watts, 6l6 head I used to own. It has a lot of headroom.
I use a 1x12 cab for a bit less volume ... And a Koch Loadbox attenuator, 1 step down...

shapeshifter

The clean headroom depends also a lot on the speaker configuration you use, i.e. a 2x12 cab with highly efficient speakers will get a LOT more clean volume than a 1x12 that has a speaker with low sensitivity.

That said I am currently waiting for a 2x12 cab to use it with the EXO, can't wait to try it.

Trending Topics