Two-Rock/Fulltone TTE Hum?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by T5-Alive, Jan 10, 2008.

1. T5-Alive

T5-Alive Member

My newest (and possibly last) amp is a Two-Rock CR Sig. Hum is much louder than my Rivera or Top Hat and is eliminated when the echoplex (Fulltone) is out of the loop. Any good links or suggestions? I'm new to this forum and would appreciate any help... Thanks

2. Squigglefunk

Squigglefunk Senior Member

the TTE has a AC plug right?

sounds like a ground loop...

maybe try lifting the ground on the TTE

3. KOG

KOG Supporting Member

If it is Sig related - Your best answer and quickest response is to always call Bill or Joe at Two Rock. That's why we pay them the big $$$$$. It doesn't matter that you purchased new or used. The response from them is the same.
    ;)

4. saggybottom

saggybottom Member

It sounds like a ground loop. Best fixes are;

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ebtech-Hum-X-Hum-Exterminator?sku=150452

or

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ebtech-Hum-X-Hum-Exterminator?sku=150452

I have a tte and external reverb tank and both units cause a ground loop. I have used both products listed above and both work well. all my budies and I swear by the power factor pro as it eliminates ground loops and keeps power regulated.

DO NOT USE THE CHEAP 3 PRONG TO TWO PRONG ADAPTERS AT THE HARDWARE STORE!!! They work but you are removing a ground that is suppose to be there.

5. T5-Alive

T5-Alive Member

Thanks guys... I'll check out your advice. Just got a Jet and love it... Two Rock Ro... well, you know. My other amps (Rivera Sedona, Top Hat CR, Clarus 2R, AER 60) really put a smile on my face... but 2-Rock is holding hands with Dumble somewhere in heaven; they are to solid bodies as AER and Clarus is to acoustics. I've been playing over 40 years... I'm so glad I lived long enough to experience the magic that Bill and Joe have brought to my playing. Thanks again...

Rick