Two Rock is taking their used amps in trade towards new ones!! cool

blues junkie

:facepalm

Ever trade in a car? Do you think they're doing it out of the goodness of their heart? How much did they give you vs. what it sells for on a lot?

Some people HATE selling privately, and would gladly trade their amp in on a new one, instead of having to move it themselves.
Work for car dealerships for 25 years. I know how trade in's work & they never ever benefit the person trading in the car.

Was not trying to bash Two-Rock just wondering how this would effect the used Two-Rock amp market. IMHO I think Two-Rock is most likely more accurate on what these older amps are worth used then the private seller.:beer

John Thigpen

Silver Supporting Member
Didn't any of you guys ever trade a piece of gear at a music store? Either they lowball your trade in, or they give you a fair price on the trade but charge full list (or give a nominal discount) on the gear you're getting. They're going to want to make a profit on the trade in when they sell it, so they have to allow you less for it, one way or the other. Go to Kelly Blue Books or Edwards.com and compare the various car values...it's the same concept.

Whether they sell the used amps directly, or route them to a favored dealer, that $2,000 Two Rock trade in is going to cost someone $3,000 when it gets back out to the public.

John

jharpersj

Gold Supporting Member
I don't see the issue, any "retailer" who takes trades offers far less than a private buyer. It is the same as the car industry. Sometimes it is easier to trade back to a dealer then hassle with a private sale and if you buy used from them you can be sure you are not getting an amp that is all f'd up. In either case they are a company with overhead who have to make money like every other business. YOu can decide to take them up on it or not.

Tele71

Platinum Supporting Member
3000$ for a used amp and that's just the head.
You can get amps custom made or vintage for less then that. I understand the supply and demand thing but how much better can it sound or perform. It's an amp right? Isn't the "tone in the hands"?
Just saying...

the russ

Plus it helps them control the availability and price of their used stuff.......PLUS it helps sell new amps.....PLUS it allows their dealers to offer lower cost alternatives to help attract new customers "into the fold". I imagine a good chunk of their newer high end amps are sold to folks who've already owned an older model.
IMO it's all about controlling the used market. reduce the pool of what's out there. it forces potential customers to buy new instead of used.

Tag

Hey Tag, your new Dumble sounds F''''n GREAT:banana:banana:banana:banana VERY GOOD VERY GOOD
Thanks man! I am SOOO blown away by it. Blue line Ford tones all day long, without any Dumbleator needed. Just KICKS with a Tele as well. Its exactly what I was searching for all these years, and its SMOOTHER than the tan Dumble at Ultrasound, which is better for what I want.
:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana

Last edited:

cnardone

This is not the first time Two Rock has tried to work out things on used models. Years ago they did have a "certified" used program where the buyer would get a limited warranty on the purchase of used amps through dealers.

LVC

This is not the first time Two Rock has tried to work out things on used models. Years ago they did have a "certified" used program where the buyer would get a limited warranty on the purchase of used amps through dealers.

I guess we will be seeing "Certified Pre-Owned" stickers on Two-Rock amps in the emporium soon.

LVC

What is the re-sale of those anyways?

YOu made the correct choice by buying the real thing :beer

Bludo is part of select group of amps that sell at or above "new" purchase price (Glaswerks and Mystic being a couple of others that I know of).

Joe Mlog

"Cash for Clunkers"? Inaccurate analogy at best, but what you might expect from my favorite Two-Rock hater.:rolleyes:
We thought we'd take the trade-ins and over bias them, and play really loud and out of tune until something broke- but rather than slow torture, we settled on applying 10,000 volts to the power supply and input jack simultaneously.:crazy The remains would be sent overseas as recycled metal and return next year as new Kias.
Seriously, though....
We will recondition, upgrade, and resell with a warranty every amp traded in. And prices will be about what you pay for used- except you'll get a guaranteed unit with a warranty and upgrades.
And we still offer our recert program for anyone who buys used and wants their amp checked out and returned with a warranty.

Tag

I guess we will be seeing "Certified Pre-Owned" stickers on Two-Rock amps in the emporium soon.

I think my $2500 10 year old twoRock E.Pro that smoked your "historically accurate, sonically in accurate" new Bludo had that sticker on it. :beer After waiting 1- 2 years for that thing, no wonder you hate TwoRocks and are in on every thread to knock them down.

Last edited:

LVC

I think my $2500 E.Pro that smoked your "historically accurate, sonically inaccuarte" Bludo had that sticker on it. :beer

Lets keep going Laz, this is fun! :D
dude -- do you really want to go down this route ?

I think not ----

When you throw out the wet towel that seems to be draped over every Two-Rock clip you have made then we can talk.

Last edited:

Tag

Bludo is part of select group of amps that sell at or above "new" purchase price (Glaswerks and Mystic being a couple of others that I know of).

In other words....built in limited quantities because the builder is a hobbiest, not a full time professional builder, and in my experience, those amps sound like it. Their is a huge wait time for a new one, and through hype (since no one can actually find one to play them,) used ones get as much as a new one because people do not want to wait 1-3 years to get a new one.

LVC

"Cash for Clunkers"? Inaccurate analogy at best, but what you might expect from my favorite Two-Rock hater.:rolleyes:
Are you referring to me? Thanks I love being a favorite!!!!!:banana

It makes me feel special :banana

"..... We thought we'd take the trade-ins and over bias them, and play really loud and out of tune until something broke- but rather than slow torture, we settled on applying 10,000 volts to the power supply and input jack simultaneously.:crazy The remains would be sent overseas as recycled metal and return next year as new Kias.
Now I finally get and understand where the Two-Rock sound comes from!

I am really glad to see that you at least are following strict Quality Control procedures!

Last edited:

Trending Topics