Two Rock is taking their used amps in trade towards new ones!! cool

LVC

Oh,so there are clips of your EL-34 Bludo?
Can you direct me to them as I'm anxious to here that paticular amp.
If you are ever in NJ -- my door is always open to you.

You can stop by anytime and play it... and the new Classic 80's one I should be receiving in about a month.

:beer

I loved the High Plains Drifter I heard in person at the NY Amp Show

No clip can do any amp any justice

I think the trade in deal is a great way for Two Rock to reward customer loyalty in these Hard Times and still come out ahead

It's a win win situation for someone who can't be bothered flipping the amp themselves

Lance

Gold Supporting Member
Maybe, just maybe if they are refurbing the trade-ins, I'll be able to afford an old E. Pro some day.

Dave_C

i never agreed with the crowd that looked at the older t-rocks as obsolete.listen to bigtones clips of the custom and tags emmy clips also. they sound great. hell, i don't find my jet clips obsolete at all. they all share the same tonal properties, string separation, cheweyness, touch sensitivity etc., same as the new models.
I agree, except there was a time BEFORE those models came out where they were flippin' new models every few weeks it seemed, claiming they finally discovered the holy grail, and it really pissed off a lot of folks who just spent $4K+ weeks before, especially since some of those extremely early models were real dogs. Many people got burned back then and I thought for sure TR would down in smoke. But, they got their act together, starting producing great-sounding amps and stopped performing R&D on their customers. It was an amazing turn-around. The new TR is absolutely NOTHING like that ancient TR. This latest trade-in policy is pretty cool, IMO.

trap

I agree, except there was a time BEFORE those models came out where they were flippin' new models every few weeks it seemed, claiming they finally discovered the holy grail, and it really pissed off a lot of folks who just spent $4K+ weeks before, especially since some of those extremely early models were real dogs. Many people got burned back then and I thought for sure TR would down in smoke. But, they got their act together, starting producing great-sounding amps and stopped performing R&D on their customers. It was an amazing turn-around. The new TR is absolutely NOTHING like that ancient TR. This latest trade-in policy is pretty cool, IMO.
hi dave, i don't go back that far with TGP. so what are these early dogs so i can steer clear of them?

sidehatch

Maybe the owners of TGP could have some sort of software made that will automatically keep Tag and LVC from posting in the same thread?

I do find it humorous at times but bickering about a childish thing like tone preferences gets old fast.

This thread could have been a good read but you have to wade thru 5 pages of BS.

LVC

Maybe the owners of TGP could have some sort of software made that will automatically keep Tag and LVC from posting in the same thread? I do find it humorous at times but bickering about a childish thing like tone preferences gets old fast. This thread could have been a good read but you have to wade thru 5 pages of BS.
It all in good fun.

Apologies for the distraction ... :beer

voojo

Tone is subjective, and it's not a competition! There's enough music for everybody!!

Brian Scherzer

Staff member
I just deleted some posts and will politely ask the parties involved to stay out of getting into personal back and forth arguing with each other (you know who you are)!

sidehatch

That pretty much sums it up!!

I find myself somewher in between you guys. I love that tone that we all love but at the same time know its all about the music we are playing.

Its not like we are discussing "scooped mid death tone" ! Its the tone that we(most of the guys that are reading this thread) like.

We are talking about subtleties of a tone we like so there is no reason to argue about this stuff.

Heck, even if it is a 180 degree difference -say perfect D tone and Crate tone, Is there really a reason to argue?

We are talking about variations of something we love!!!

Edit: I guess we arent talking about that. Its about two rocks trade in . Sorry for the sidetrack.

Tone is subjective, and it's not a competition! There's enough music for everybody!!

Last edited:

Frankenstrat2

Hey Apple computers offer refurbishments
And- it is illegal for any manufacturer to re-sell any used product as new. Any amp that is turned in as a trade may only be sold as a re-furb. It also may not be cannibalized for parts that are re-used in a 'new' amp. A new amp is just that- all fresh OEM parts. I have no doubt 2Rock knows this and has no evil intentions.
This is the exact reason why the big box stores have open box and scratch and dent sales and also why there is a re-stocking charge. Once an amp is shipped, the box is opened and it has been turned on, it is now 'used' and cannot be re-sold as new without penalty. That is law, not an option.

Joe Mlog

And- it is illegal for any manufacturer to re-sell any used product as new. Any amp that is turned in as a trade may only be sold as a re-furb. It also may not be cannibalized for parts that are re-used in a 'new' amp. A new amp is just that- all fresh OEM parts. I have no doubt 2Rock knows this and has no evil intentions.
This is the exact reason why the big box stores have open box and scratch and dent sales and also why there is a re-stocking charge. Once an amp is shipped, the box is opened and it has been turned on, it is now 'used' and cannot be re-sold as new without penalty. That is law, not an option.
Well, you've got that right. There is no way we could pass off an Emerald 50 as "new", anyway, but I see your point. We intend to repair, upgrade, and warranty all these trade-in amps and sell them at reasonable prices. Rather than buying used with no history or guarantee the amp is even working properly, you'll have the opportunity to purchase one that has been inspected by us and comes with a warranty.

Mac Daddy 355

MilkBone Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
:beer
Well, you've got that right. There is no way we could pass off an Emerald 50 as "new", anyway, but I see your point. We intend to repair, upgrade, and warranty all these trade-in amps and sell them at reasonable prices. Rather than buying used with no history or guarantee the amp is even working properly, you'll have the opportunity to purchase one that has been inspected by us and comes with a warranty.
:beer:beer

Sean French

Joe,
It's a wonderful idea and an excellent service.:aok
Your old and new customers will benefit.You guys too.It's a win win win.
Will you guys sell them on your site only or will some go to dealers as well?
Oh,will the dealers be taking them as trade ins too?How is this gonna be set up?
BTW,I ain't letting my K&M Custom go.No way.;)

trap

Joe,
It's a wonderful idea and an excellent service.:aok
Your old and new customers will benefit.You guys too.It's a win win win.
Will you guys sell them on your site only or will some go to dealers as well?
Oh,will the dealers be taking them as trade ins too?How is this gonna be set up?
BTW,I ain't letting my K&M Custom go.No way.;)
good questions sean! yeah, what he said!!!!

LVC

And so it is written.

I assume they will have some sort of "sticker" identifying them as re-furbs.

Strung Up

( . . . and a special e-mail notification to you, with the S/N.)

The more I think about it, the smarter this is. I'd wager that a relatively high percentage of folks BUYING used Two-Rocks, send them in to the guys for tweaking one way or another. I know I did.

Baminated

Pretty smart business strategy, Joe & Co. , particularly w/the current econ. climate.

K & M amps aren't really my cup of tea, but I believe that K & M are engineering & marketing geniuses, and this latest strategy is brilliant !

Guitar Dave T

It's a smart deal. I work in capital equipment and THIS is the right way to do it.

Also, it allows the manufacturer to go back and make changes on product that's going to be around a long time, applying what they've learned and developed since the original manufacture date, and maintaining high quality brand identity.

Absolutely a win-win for all concerned.

Trending Topics