Two Rock is taking their used amps in trade towards new ones!! cool

Steve Snider

Gold Supporting Member
It's a smart deal. I work in capital equipment and THIS is the right way to do it.

Also, it allows the manufacturer to go back and make changes on product that's going to be around a long time, applying what they've learned and developed since the original manufacture date, and maintaining high quality brand identity.

Absolutely a win-win for all concerned.
Totally agree!

LSchefman

Just the ticket for a guy who might not want to drop the coin on a brand new TR, but doesn't usually buy a used amp because it might have been modded or screwed around with, etc.

This way he/she gets an amp with a factory service and a warranty. What's not to like?

Seems like a good idea to me.

And for the individual who wants to try out a different/later model, no worries about whether the amp he or she currently has will sell here or on ebay. No shipping hassles or concerns about UPS/Fedex damaging the amp.

It's peace of mind that's worth a few bucks, IMHO.

It's true that I'm a big fan of TR, based on their products, but this is also good business.

Joe Mlog

Dealer participation in the program is voluntary. Amps will be available through dealers or direct. And yes, for those who seem obsessed with the possibility that a non-factory reconditioned unit could be passed off as a factory reconditioned one, we will make it easy to tell the difference. Probably won't be a bright red sticker, though.:horse

bludotone

I heard they will give $425.25 for a Bludo. :D (But only if its mint.) :facepalm

Funny, I thought they went for retail or more used because you could have it now, but then again, they don't sell very often because I re-voice them at no charge to their original owners completely negating the need to buy a new one every quarter, heck I've even covered things like being dropped down stairs or operated without a speaker connected under my oh-so-lenient and fully transferrable warranty, I guess I'm still grasping to understand why I'd even get mentioned in a thread like this .

Last edited:

sidehatch

So they removed Tag's pic of the two rock and the certified sticker that read "sounds better than a bludo" I'm glad but how long are the Mods gonna sweep the crap under the rug? I have seen guys get suspended for very little but TGP keeps allowing distracting crap to continue. I didnt join TGP til last year because everytime I'd come over I'd see BS going on. Now that Im involved here it keeps getting worse and some folks are getting special treatment. No doubt about that in my mind.

I'm sure there are 100's of guys like me that wonder why we even participate here. Just for 2nd class treatment? Whats up with apologizing and then in the last sentence saying something will start another spatt? Its a pattern of behavior that is not new. Its been around for a long time and has always been ********. Its like apologizing to your spouse only to throw it in her face one last time(which my ex used to do)

I stand corrected. I thought there wouldnt be any suspension of said members.

Last edited:

bilbal

Funny, I thought they went for retail or more used because you could have it now, but then again, they don't sell very often because I re-voice them at no charge to their original owners completely negating the need to buy a new one every quarter, heck I've even covered things like being dropped down stairs or operated without a speaker connected under my oh-so-lenient and fully transferrable warranty, I guess I'm still grasping to understand why I'd even get mentioned in a thread like this .
You shouldn't have to be Brandon. The comment you quoted above is uncalled for whether it was meant as a joke or not.

b

Joe Mlog

Well, Brandon, unfortunately Tag used you to attack LVC, who as you know thinks you're god and hates us completely. And since he's been banned for a month for defending us (apparently, I never got to see it) he can't remove that post.Glad to hear your warranty is lenient and transferable. Don't understand the comment about "negating the need to buy a new one every quarter"... I'll assume you meant you don't introduce a new actual model a few times a year, preferring to sell an amp and then change the internals depending on the customer's current needs/whims.Since this thread isn't about your policies, let's talk about how you cool you are on your thread, ok? I'm happy to come over there.....:munch

LVC

Well, Brandon, unfortunately Tag used you to attack LVC, who as you know thinks you're god and hates us completely. And since he's been banned for a month for defending us (apparently, I never got to see it) he can't remove that post.Glad to hear your warranty is lenient and transferable. Don't understand the comment about "negating the need to buy a new one every quarter"... I'll assume you meant you don't introduce a new actual model a few times a year, preferring to sell an amp and then change the internals depending on the customer's current needs/whims.Since this thread isn't about your policies, let's talk about how you cool you are on your thread, ok? I'm happy to come over there.....:munch
Hi

With all do respect --

1) please do not drag me into any discussions or disputes you might have with another builder.

2) I do not know why TAG was suspended ... Nothing in his posts to me suggest that he was "defending" anybody. I am sure you are more than capable of defending yourself if you felt a personal need to do so.

3) Regarding injecting religion into this thread. That is clearly a violation of Gear Page policies. My religious and political beliefs are a private matter and not up for discussion by you or anybody else in a public forum.

Thank you.

Joe Mlog

you know what? you are absolutely correct. This is clearly a violation. Now we all know what that looks like. It's the thinly veiled, back handed, sly "slip in a comment innuendo" thingy that's open to so much interpretation it's hard to define.

bludotone

I will not interrupt your thread again, feel free to come over to mine, you can feel safe and comfortable, and won't see any need for anyone to defend Two-rock, because no one there is Bashing, however, your Shills are well represented throwing their jabs at me as usual-

bilbal

You guys all make wonderful amplifiers. I absolutely love my Krinard Prototype though she needs some TLC, every Two Rock I have had the pleasure to plug in to, and every one of Brandon's amps I have also been fortunate enough to try out. I don't believe you can go wrong choosing any of the amps you all offer. Brandon, KBs pieces are out of this world. It's like Heaven walking into his music room.

IMO, you all rock and I would give my... to own all of your amps. It's pretty simple in these terms. I really hate seeing things happen they way they always do in these threads.

Too bad,
b

zoooombiex

Re: the actual subject of this thread -- seems like a great idea Joe. Congrats to you guys and your success. Hope this helps keep it going.

Joe Mlog

I feel you had the right to respond, as it was directed at you.I have no problem with that, or you, for that matter. It's important that you recognize that. Equally important is recognizing that those who go beyond decency to constantly rag on a manufacturer, with a known affiliation to some other manufacturer, are likey to be targeted. Consider the possibility that perhaps it's your "shills" creating the problem and dragging you into this, not me.
Go in peace...:cool:

LVC

Terrific.

I am glad you agree :beer

you know what? you are absolutely correct. This is clearly a violation. Now we all know what that looks like. It's the thinly veiled, back handed, sly "slip in a comment innuendo" thingy that's open to so much interpretation it's hard to define.

Lexbro

Gold Supporting Member
Hey my Bludo sits very happily next to my TwoRock. It is a veritable lovefest of tone at home and I wouldn't want to be without either one!:drool

trap

i think the majority of guys respect two rock, bludo, glaswerks etc. i know i do! and this is the first time i've seen joe m post here in eons so lets not chase him away ,shall we?

digital jams

Well, you've got that right. There is no way we could pass off an Emerald 50 as "new", anyway, but I see your point. We intend to repair, upgrade, and warranty all these trade-in amps and sell them at reasonable prices. Rather than buying used with no history or guarantee the amp is even working properly, you'll have the opportunity to purchase one that has been inspected by us and comes with a warranty.
Thanks for chiming in, seems like an outstanding program both multiple parties.

Trending Topics