Two Rock is taking their used amps in trade towards new ones!! cool

JoeB63

Silver Supporting Member
:nono -- No raving on my part . First mention of Bludo is on post #7 and it was not by me ....

so I guess it was a preemptive strike on your part :rotflmao

LVC,
Do you really not see that you instigated that? Do you really not see that you've done that several times when Two Rock amps were being discussed? Seriously, you're not doing it on purpose???

BudLite

Silver Supporting Member
Joe is right, although I think everyone see' s it. To me it is just joking around, not a big deal...

LVC

LVC,
Do you really not see that you instigated that? Do you really not see that you've done that several times when Two Rock amps were being discussed? Seriously, you're not doing it on purpose???
Nope.

anyway, thanks for sharing.

sidehatch

Anyway, no problems here, as I now see you were not directing everything at me, but it seemed it when you were using my name specifically several times in your post.

All is well! :beer[/QUOTE]

You're right. I shouldnt have dont that. I only used your name a few times in the post because you were the guy that got suspended and thats what we talking about at the time. Plus, I was a bit iritated that I was trying to learn something and had to view an arguement. I didnt even read the specifics of what was going down. I immediately went back and editied out that parts that seemed like I was trying to single you out and making you seem like the villian of the thread( that you were not) . In the 5 mins it took for me to read what I had wrote and try to clarify it , it was on :boxer.

The comment specifically to NFB about "no more clips" actually meant in my mind "no more clips in this thread to show superiority or that may keep the :stir" Even thought that isn't the intent, it can seem like that because this is the internet and we dont have expression and body language to read.

Everythings cool here. I think now it might be more relaxed or at least I hope so :) I do value you fellow D tone lovers opinion and like to see clips as well.
:beer

scottl

I personally like the clips. However, I mainly listen to the playing! I love hearing both Tag and Shane play! At the end of the day I would rather hear inspired great playing with mediocre tone than mediocre or bad playing with killer tone.

Shane you are a M'fer.... Keep posting. ;)

Anyway, no problems here, as I now see you were not directing everything at me, but it seemed it when you were using my name specifically several times in your post.

All is well! :beer
You're right. I shouldnt have dont that. I only used your name a few times in the post because you were the guy that got suspended and thats what we talking about at the time. Plus, I was a bit iritated that I was trying to learn something and had to view an arguement. I didnt even read the specifics of what was going down. I immediately went back and editied out that parts that seemed like I was trying to single you out and making you seem like the villian of the thread( that you were not) . In the 5 mins it took for me to read what I had wrote and try to clarify it , it was on :boxer.

The comment specifically to NFB about "no more clips" actually meant in my mind "no more clips in this thread to show superiority or that may keep the :stir" Even thought that isn't the intent, it can seem like that because this is the internet and we dont have expression and body language to read.

Everythings cool here. I think now it might be more relaxed or at least I hope so :) I do value you fellow D tone lovers opinion and like to see clips as well.
:beer

Cory

I must agree with all those that have said their older TR's aren't going anywhere. I'll be keeping my Epro and my Custom! I love em!!.......and wouldn't mind picking up a few more someday!

On another note.....

still confused how people that do not like a product spend so much time on forums and or threads that deal with that particular product.......makes zero sense to me.

I find this forum to be a great resource. I especially appreciate all the clips people submit and the time spent giving correct information!
Thanks!!

Rod

Tone is Paramount
Gold Supporting Member
still confused how people that do not like a product spend so much time on forums and or threads that deal with that particular product.......makes zero sense to me.
I find it confusing as well.....:thud

2y.

... or they could just take them off the market alltogether. less supply = higher value? Kinda like the whole HRM thing.

Baminated

Well, I was surfing TR's site just for fun, and came across the trade in offer

I liked this part of the offer :
K&M Analog Designs said:
Purchase a Custom Reverb Signature for $5000. Trade in an Emerald 50 as partial payment ($1800) and PAY JUST $3200. It’s that simple!

SReynolds

Silver Supporting Member
Well, I was surfing TR's site just for fun, and came across the trade in offer

I liked this part of the offer :

How much is your amp co. of choice offering you for your 10 year old amp??
Hell call and see, Im curious.

OK matt

If you ask me this is an excellent business strategy. Two Rock is trying to keep the price of their products and perceived value artificially high. I love my Two Rock amp but consider this...

Joe Schmo gets GAS for the new J2, he would like to buy one but he has 4k invested in his old Jet which is pretty damn similar. Schmo along with half of TGP try and sell their Jets. Demand for a niche product such as this is low thus the glut of amps on the market forces the price down. Now Two Rock loses customers for new amps, and loses a perceived luxury brand status. If you could buy a Dumble for $2000 and Bill Hack was playing it would it still be so desirable? Check out Ralph Lauren's f-up selling there clothes to TJ Max. People identify quality with price. By offering to buy back amps Two Rock is basically setting the market price. Who would accept $1700 if Two Rock will pay $2000?

Look at Divided by 13 the buzz is dying down and prices are falling precipitously because TGP has moved onto the next gear gas cycle. This forum could probably make a pretty interesting economics study...

StratStringSlinger

Silver Supporting Member
If you ask me this is an excellent business strategy. Two Rock is trying to keep the price of their products and perceived value artificially high. I love my Two Rock amp but consider this...

Joe Schmo gets GAS for the new J2, he would like to buy one but he has 4k invested in his old Jet which is pretty damn similar. Schmo along with half of TGP try and sell their Jets. Demand for a niche product such as this is low thus the glut of amps on the market forces the price down. Now Two Rock loses customers for new amps, and loses a perceived luxury brand status. If you could buy a Dumble for $2000 and Bill Hack was playing it would it still be so desirable? Check out Ralph Lauren's f-up selling there clothes to TJ Max. People identify quality with price. By offering to buy back amps Two Rock is basically setting the market price. Who would accept $1700 if Two Rock will pay $2000?

Look at Divided by 13 the buzz is dying down and prices are falling precipitously because TGP has moved onto the next gear gas cycle. This forum could probably make a pretty interesting economics study...
Almost but not entirely accurate. Two-Rocks hold their value really well. Based on observation of sales, sellers can get considerably more for their used TR's on the open market. The buy back is for people that don't want to deal with the fuss of selling it on their own. Just like cars...if you do a trade it at the dealership, you will be ripped off...just go check Kelly Blue Book prices for private sale vs. dealer trade in. I'm still glad TR offers the option though. I know Jet Sig have held their value well and some models actually sell for about the same if not more than new (the limited edition models).

Trending Topics