Two Rock Jet & Bruno Cowtipper 22

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Lamont, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Lamont

Lamont Member

Wow--what a great amp day!Just got in the new Two Rock Jet for a cust. ,had to try it out ,im completely amaized !!Such a HUGE sound in such a small pkg.Two Rock really have there own sound and this really sounds like a TwoRock amp ,, Like a Sig and Custom artist i n a small and very portable pkg.A must try amp!!!

Got the Bruno for myself ,,love my 64 Deluxe Reverb but this 22 really does take that sound to a new level.Ive been droolin for this amp for awhile ,,its everything that i heard it was .Thanks Ken at Ultrasound !!Ohhh, you too Tony.Will sound off on this after some more time w/ it..

JET OOOO OOO OO JET!!

2. Leonc

Leonc Wild Gear Hearder Gold Supporting Member

Dude...love the Cowtipper!!! What a great sounding amp!

3. Lamont

Lamont Member

Yep,, it really has it.So Leonc,, time for a roady to Lo Cal,,The Restless Native will be playin @ The Coyote Bar & Grill tomorrow nite In Carlsbad Village and the talant is out in full force down here.Ill be packin the D-13 :RoCkIn 23 and maybe the Cowtipper or a Deluxe .Cmon down dude.Have a real ----good time!!

4. Deaj

Deaj Member

What does the TR Jet cost?

5. Steve Snider

Steve Snider Silver Supporting Member

About a third of what my new Steve Kimock custom sig cost. In other words around $3k.:dude

6. cr8z4life

cr8z4life Member

Hey Steve.....maybe I'm nuts.....but 3k for a 1x12 combo!! :jo

This thing better play itself!!

7. Steve Snider

I know. It is insane. Prices have gotten a bit out of control in some respects but then again if the market will buy such animals then what can you do. Not buy one. Others will.Supply and demand and tone dictate the viability for all this stuff. Two Rock has done a great job of marketing to a certain customer as well as building a great product. The Jet does sound great and it's only worth that much to guys who can afford it and hear and like the tone it brings along. Is it 2- 3 times better than other low wattage combos that offer the same or more features? Hard question to answer but to some it is I am sure, others no way.

I could not afford a great Dumble and would have a hell of a time finding one that sounds near as good as the Kimock Sig, but if I did, it would be in the 30K range. This TR Sig amp may be expensive as hell and limited (no reverb, non buffered loop)as well but what it does is incredible. So responsive and so expressive. Its a feel thing as well as a tone thing.

8. Deaj

Deaj Member

Thanks Steve!

9. mprvise

mprvise Member

More info please! :worried

10. lv

lv Supporting Member

Steve, $9k for the Kimock Sig?

11. Aint Life Hell?

Aint Life Hell? Member

I would love a two rock amp and I would be my bottom dollar the Jet sounds simply amazing. BUT...it's a little hard on the eyes. They should have stuck with the black, I think. Maybe it looks better in person.

12. mprvise

mprvise Member

You can get the Jet in black. Here's one that is available now...[​IMG]

13. Aint Life Hell?

Aint Life Hell? Member

That is such a HUGE improvement, IMHO.
    I don't mean to slam, the Two-Rock crew is most definitely talented.

14. fenderbender4

fenderbender4 Gold Supporting Member

Anyone in MN: American Guitar Boutique has a Jet in right now (the first production model I believe) in black. I stopped in the other day and saw it there. Didn't have time to play it, but it's there.

15. Steve Snider

Don't know much. Don't know if it will even be a real model or just a small run of less than 10. It is constructed from parts that seem to be very scarce or not available at all. Designed by Bill, Joe and Kimock . It's a Custom sig with different trannies, unobtainable parts, values based on Kimocks desires and ears and man is it good. I think there will be a couple made and Kimock has one of them.Not cheap- Close to 10K . Soundwise- Spectacular. Feels amazing. Perhaps Joe can elaborate at some point.

16. Mike

Mike Member

Specs and pic on my site. I have #3 available here. Smaller than a MM RD50!

[​IMG]

Mike

17. Mike

Mike Member

Man, you gotta love a guy who pulls out EVERY stop in the unabashed pursuit of awesome amps! Right now the plan is for a run of 10, like the Sterling and the Signature OD before it - both at the same price point. I think it's a great concept to do limited runs like that. If for some reason the demand for this amp explodes, then they'll take a look at building more. I have a Sterling here, and now that Steve has one of these Kimocks, I'll just rent it from him to do demos :RoCkIn ! Matter of fact, Ill just rent Steve! Purdy please Steve? :drool

Mike

18. Lamont

Lamont Member

Just put the Jet through the paces again prior to the new owner pickin it up --MAN,what a great amp !!Id have to say , if your lookin for the best sounding ,most portable amp ive EVER played , this is the one .15"wby 10" deep and only 18"tall--It sounds HUGE!!

And a great place to get one in So. Cal is:North Coast Vintage Amps
    760-722-4534
    760-717-6332 cell
    ncvintage@cox.net A Two Rock Sig.dealer..

19. m3g

m3g Member

Does the Jet have bias test points? How about a pic of the back.

thanks.

20. Steve Snider

;) I am ready , willing and able my friend!!! BTW- That Chapin I bought from you is my favorite guitar ever. I absolutely love it.