Two-Rock Jet Signature

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by jaxx, Sep 9, 2008.

1. jaxx

jaxx Member

I was thinking of pulling the trigger on a Jet signature. I love what I have heard. I want to use it for gigging though, and was a little concerned if the 35watts would be sufficient in an medium size club (full of people of course). I am trying to lighten my load a little, However I still need a big sound. Does anyone have any gigging experience with this amp? I appreciate any input

2. Mike

Mike Member

Jet Sig with 6L6's is 44 watts - bigger iron. I think you'd be fine.

Mike

3. Jaradc

Jaradc Member

I recently tried out a Jet, not a signature, and it was incredible. I had a Two rock Jet and Custom Reverb lined up, and the Jet was much more practical. Half the knobs and switches and double the sound (in my opinion). I am a fan of 20-30 watt amps, so this is mainly the reason i liked it so much. It resembled the Custom Reverb a little, but i felt as though the Jet was more responsive and had a lot of clarity. The only fight i had with it, is it got a little muddy with the gain cranked. You will have to try one before you buy it, trust me. I went in thinking of what they would sound like, and walked out with a completely new observation.

Here a is a website that has some impressive sound clips that do the Jet some justice.

http://guitar25.com/products.php?partno=51

4. trap

trap Supporting Member

i've gig'ed with mine with a trio playing fairly loud and i thought it was fine at 35 watts. plenty of clean headroom with just enough edge. great chewey od sounds too! great amp!

5. hathisisfunnyha

hathisisfunnyha Member

just to be safe you could get the jumbo jet

6. Peppy

Peppy Member

Nah, the one with faster transients....the Jet Li.
    Seriously, the Jet is a cool amp. I've played both the head/cab and combo versions.

7. hathisisfunnyha

hathisisfunnyha Member

there really is a jumbo jet one though. its a stacked 2x12. looks pretty killer like an old skinny vertical marshall cab

8. trap

trap Supporting Member

i believe it's 2X10.

9. Mike

Mike Member

It is indeed a vertical 2x10, and I named it. I was looking for a grab-n-go that had more volume than the little tiny combo cab that they first (and still do) shipped.

Additionally we now have both horizontal 2x10 and oversized 1x12 combo cabs.

Mike

10. studiodunn

studiodunn Member

sorry to hijack, but what TR offers up the nastiest OD channel?

I would kill for a CR clean and a Ruby-esque dirty in the same head.

11. DOMINIC

DOMINIC Member

what should i buy? an old custom reverb or the jet? what's the deal with the deep and mid switch? are they needed? thanks