Two Rock (Joe and Bill Appreciation Post (long)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by DAB, Aug 11, 2005.

1. DAB

DAB Member

I am posting this to let you all know about the OUTSTANDING customer service I recently received from Joe and Bill at Two Rock. They are the best!

I have (had) a Two Rock Custom 50 that I sent to Joe for a "tune up" and to fix a small problem causing a glitching noise. Joe and Bill fixed the amp at no charge and then performed the mods that my amp was missing to bring it current at no charge and only charged me for the new tubes I asked them to put in for me. Cool huh, but that's not why I am posting.

They sent the amp out by DHL. About 5 days after it was supposed to have arrived I checked the tracking number and found that DHL had delivered the amp to the wrong address. (a medical facility in the town where I live). I notified DHL that the shipment had been mis-delivered.

After arguing with me for a day or two they finally agreed they had made a mistake when they admitted the address they delivered to was not the address on the shipment order, that it had been signed for by a "receptionist" even though it was being delivered to a private residence, and when they realized they had delivered a guitar amplifier to a medical facility!). They promised to recover the amp and deliver it to me the next day. The next day came and went. In the meantime I notified Joe about what was going on.

Turns out someone at the medical facility took the amp and then claimed that had not done that. (MikeyG I noticed your post about a Custom on eBay that had been pulled, it was most likely the one stolen from me).

Here's the best part. Joe and Bill IMMEDIATELY shipped me a brand new Custom and had it delivered by 3 day shipping instead of normal ground. The amp arrived at my door (whew!) in great shape and sounds wonderful.

I have never received such great customer service prior to this point. Joe and Bill are the greatest in my book as human beings in addition to being stellar amp builders.

Just wanted you all to know.

DAB

2. Buffaloe

Buffaloe Member

I bought a used Emerald 50 combo a couple of years ago that developed a problem on turn on. Made a bunch of noise for a couple of seconds then settled down. I knew what the problem was and called Bill to find out their source for capacitors. He invited me to ship the amp to them for repair and tune up. I shipped them the guts, they repaired the amp and shipped it back to me inside of a week. No charge for anything. This was an amp I bought used and they didn't make a penny off me from. Incredible customer service! I still play the amp by the way.

3. mprvise

mprvise Member

Well I'll add mine to the list as well. I bought my CR Artist from an out of town dealer back in April. The amp arrived and it was immediately apparent that the amp had issues, probably due to rough handling in shipping. This concerned me because I had a big gig on which I wanted to use the amp comming up fast. I called Joe and he had me send the amp directly to them 2nd day air. They had it for one day and shipped it back to me 2nd day air, giving me plenty of time to get to know the amp prior to the gig. The amp has been played almost every day since with no issues whatsoever. Two BIG thumbs up for Two-Rock customer service! :AOK :AOK

4. GasMask

GasMask Member

That's awesome! Hats off to Two-Rock and Joe and Bill. Anyone who thinks their amps are overpriced should read this thread. I hope they catch the creep who took your original amp. Seems like it would be easy enough.

5. Tag

Tag Gold Supporting Member

Joe went beyond what I would expect from ANYONE when I bought my used E.Pro. He could not have been more helpful and patient. He sent me instructions and parts to high gain my Lowgain Emerald pro (if I ever wanted to try it) at no charge. Many emails answering questions on tones, tubes and speakers, and even took the time to have me send him pictures of the inside of my E.Pro, put markers on it, and re send it to me.
    Top notch for sure.

6. Reactionjackson

Reactionjackson Member

I couldn't agree more. I currently own 2 TR's and the entire process has been nothing but a joyride.

I had the chance to meetup with Bill a few months back to pick up a custom amp from him when I was over in San Fran and he couldn't have been more friendlier. Matter of fact they just got done custom building a new cabinet for my Sig chassis along with a matching 15 inch extension cabinet. Should be here next week at some point and I can't wait! Ah, you guys reminded me -- I've been meaning to give them a call about a few questions I had, thanks for the reminder :D

Either way - credit should be given where credit is deserved. Hats off to Bill, Joe, and the Two Rock staff for not only creating some of the best musical instruments out there but for also being top notch guys.

7. zoooombiex

zoooombiex Supporting Member

nothing quite as dramatic here, but i will say that joe has always been extremely helpful with and responsive to the many emails and questions i've sent him - particularly given that my two-rocks are all pre-owned.

8. bluessyndicate

bluessyndicate Supporting Member

+1 !

:cool:

9. Jcap

Jcap Member

My experiences over the past 3 years concurr with this thread. Basically, if there was a chance for Joe and Bill to provide exceptional customer service, they did.

10. Lerxst2112

Lerxst2112 Member

This is the kind of story that makes you want to own one...

11. fenderbender4

fenderbender4 Gold Supporting Member

I just got a Two-Rock amp, and it really is an amazing peice of equipment. For me, it is just perfect and the amp I never thought was possible. Not only are Joe and Bill amazing builders, but they promptly answer emails and are great help. Thank you guys for being stand-up gentlemen.

12. tonemandan

tonemandan Member

+1 on great service from Joe and Bill. They have been great about accommodating my requests. My Custom sounds unbelievable.

Thanks Joe and Bill!!!

Dan

13. 908SSP

908SSP Member

I have to admit that not much I have read or heard would make me buy a 2rock till this thread. I want to buy one just to tell these guys how much I appreciate the kind of customer care they practice. :D

14. Joe Mlog

Joe Mlog Member

Thanks so much to you all for your comments. You made our day!
    :dude

15. Mike

Mike Member

OK, so now it's a new day. I want to chime in that Bill and Joe have always supported Tonegurus 1000% for the past 2.5 years, and me as a customer for 3 years prior to that.

Folks have opined that their "business model" was doomed to varying degrees, including their ability and willingness to sustain a dealer network vs. selling direct. They've never undercut me, they've referred people to me, etc. Hell, they even let me have my own amp model! They've done this for others too.

And Joe has uncompromisingly held the line in terms of pricing, and they have fired dealers, some of which were doing pretty good volume for them, for not honoring their agreements. A lot of manufacturers might look the other way, but these guys call it. That gives those of us who are fortunate to be dealers more confidence in the business relationship.

Talk about "above and beyond the call of duty", Joe recently (last week in fact) made a collection call to a deadbeat customer of mine when I let it slip that the guy hadn't paid me for 3 speakers he picked up from them.

I've been reminded that I'm a "salesman", and therefore anything I say must be discounted, (because, I guess, by some people's definition, "salesmen" cannot posess integrity) but no Two Rock Appreciation Thread would be complete without a business partner weighing in.

You guys rock! :dude

Mike

16. Strung Up

Strung Up Member

+1 on the customer care.

I own 2 used Two-Rocks. Joe and Bill have treated any questions, mods, fine-tuning, etc. that I've thrown their way with as fast, detailed, lengthy, and considerate treatment as if I were their #1 customer.

17. jda

jda Member

Joe and Bill are straight-up two of the nicest guys you will ever meet. The treat every two rock owner like a good friend.

Some of the stuff that they've done for me is completely 100% way above and beyond what any company would do from a customer service standpoint. They're not just the best in the boutique amp world, they are the best period.

A visit to Two Rock HQ is a very cool experience. There is a lot happening there.

18. GuitarsFromMars

GuitarsFromMars Member

Whenever I have spoken to Joe or Bill(in fact today),I have always felt like my amp(used K&M Custom#22) was built for me personally-I am in a service industry,and am expected to give the highest quality service all the time and K&M have always exceeded even my own expectations with every personal contact!
    Go Two-Rock!
    GFM

19. gregc

gregc Member

I never met or spoke to Bill but Joe helped me out several times regarding modding and caring for my amp. Every encounter was a pleasure.
    gregc