Two-Rock John Mayer Sig, W/D with Custom Reverb V3.

TRGuy

Just to give you the idea of what this sounds like.

At a "loud apartment" volume, neighbours would complain if played for too long, but still not really getting best out of the amps.

No excuses for sloppy playing, out of practice, need a practice amp!

Enjoy.

TRGuy

It was a Fender Blk1 JM Strat with big dippers (#fanboi). Tan pants only add to the tonez.

The only pedals in that video were a katana at the start for the clean tone, then the crunch was just a Klon into a TS-808, then the delay was from an Eventide Timefactor.

texstrat

Silver Supporting Member
Really confirms my belief that Mayers tone comes from his hands, his feel and his attack.

TRGuy

Really confirms my belief that Mayers tone comes from his hands, his feel and his attack.
And his cranked tube amps, and his Dumble, and numerous tiny little things in his rig that add up to his tone.

I'm not a believer of "tone is in the fingers." Sure, some of it is, but you're not going to get James Hetfields tone from a Fender Deluxe.

At the end of the day though, John Mayer is probably sitting at home right now, wondering why he doesn't sound like SRV as he plays his SRV sig through his TS-10 and Dumble SSS with Rene Martinez sitting on the sofa. :roll

texstrat

Silver Supporting Member
And his cranked tube amps, and his Dumble, and numerous tiny little things in his rig that add up to his tone.

I'm not a believer of "tone is in the fingers." Sure, some of it is, but you're not going to get James Hetfields tone from a Fender Deluxe.

At the end of the day though, John Mayer is probably sitting at home right now, wondering why he doesn't sound like SRV as he plays his SRV sig through his TS-10 and Dumble SSS with Rene Martinez sitting on the sofa. :roll
Good point, I agree!!!

FCSNut

The Dumble is the aspect of his tone I like the best, even listening back to some of the old clips when he starts experimenting with them. Kimmel, Wait Until Tomorrow comes to mind. Sounds great though.