two rock phasing??

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by johnnyguitar, May 14, 2005.

1. johnnyguitar

johnnyguitar Long in the tooth Silver Supporting Member

Let's see now I wire one end of the speaker cable + to the cnter lug and the other end- to the center lug and that will phase everything when my speaker cab is wired in paralell with celestion speakers wired+ at the speaker jack..wheWWWWWWW...is this right????????? or is there an easier way????? If this is right then I can take the cable with me and try out different cabs?????

2. Steve Foley

Steve Foley Member

That should work. Also, don't use metal outer barrels on your jacks - it'll cause a loop, and the cable won't work. If you do use metal barrels, and it's not working, try unscrewing one of the outer barrels (the part you grab to unplug the jack), and if the cable then works, when the contact is broken, then you've made a loop with the metal barrel.

3. aleclee

aleclee TGP Tech Wrangler Staff Member

I just did this today for my Emerald. It took the splat out of the initial attack. We'll see what I do long term. I kinda liked the way it took the edge off my transients..

4. worlez

worlez Member

Anyone wanna explain this whole phasing thing to me? I understand the physics of it, but practically speaking I mean. I'm actually having trouble with my Aiken Intruder having a very bright and piercing top end and attack through my Cornford 2x12 - could this be the source of my problems? It almost makes my Lester sound like a strat :(

Cheers for the help :)

Al

5. aleclee

aleclee TGP Tech Wrangler Staff Member

This thread would be a good place to start. . .and probably finish.

You'll get the joke when you read the thread. :)