Two-Rock price increase on their site - all models $500 more!

traviswalk

In the Great State
Platinum Supporting Member
Another TGP'er saw this and pointed it out to me, I have no problem with capitalism, I'm all for it and nobody knows their margins better than Joe & Bill. Outside of me being glad I bought my Classic Reverb when I did, I have no opinion because the market will decide if these prices stick, just wanted to highlight the increase. This does potentially make me wait for a Type 3 to be available in the secondary market vs. buying one new from a dealer. Eh, I probably will buy it anyway...

guitarded_1

Silver Supporting Member
There has been quite a bit of talk that, due to various factors, the prices of certain components (wire, tubes, etc) have risen sharply. So...expect price increases from many more amp makers. Have they risen $500 per amp? I'm not sure. Maybe some amp makers can weigh in.

mmasters

All the better for the used market. Things are getting desperate to the point that used amps are getting cheaper while new amps are getting more expensive, should be interesting. I would predict a lot of amp makers going out of business over the next 6 months.

shallbe

Deputy Plankspanker
Plus, the cost of living and running a business in California is not getting cheaper, I bet.

albuht813

I don't think $500 will really change the market for new TRs. The used market for TRs has always been really competitive.

lukeII

Glad you posted this traviswalk. If it is a sales tactic, I would have thought that the smart business move would've been to announce a price raise effective as of a given future date so as to encourage people to get their orders in before said date.

I'd love to know have some insight into the reason for the price increase though as I thought most of the components in 2 rock were US made (so not subject to currency issues). If not linked to components all I can say is that Gas prices must be so bad in California and are now affecting the price of G.A.S.

digital jams

They are in the business to make money and they know that their demographic will buy them, pretty simple eco 101 move on their part.

Timmo

Silver Supporting Member
Marketing 101........if I recall..........

"if your widgets ain't selling, raise the price".........

;)

big mike

Cathode biased
Raw materials are out of control, gas, transport fees, shipping, overhead, power, natural gas, food, shelter, etc all SHARPLY rising.

Copper alone is like 300% higher over the last 7 years?

It's impossible to buy every component to build an amp domestically, and even still, cost to get components to manufacture are ridiculously high.

perhaps they're maintaining their margin.

Joe Mlog

We have not raised our prices. We have only changed web prices to list. Min sell is the same.
Example- 50 watt CR Sig, Classic Reverb, Classic Type 1 and 2- all list $5500,on website, min sell still $5000.
Feel free to spread the word that TR has not raised their prices in a recession, that we are not capitalist pigs,
and even though cost of living everywhere has gone up while purchasing power has gone down, that we are holding our prices, period. You guys crack me up.:crazy

fiddler

Just the way of ALL things right now

Fender amps all just got hit with a price increase .....

Rickenbacker guitars had like a 50% price increasee on their guitars first of the year.....

Then there are the luxury items that keep going up.....rice, milk, bread.....

BS reasons are supply and demand, weak US dollar, China and India suddenly eating up lots of the world's resources, greedy speculators....

The only way for me not to go crazy in this FUBAR world of ours is to just keep on strumming

mike80

Raw materials are out of control, gas, transport fees, shipping, overhead, power, natural gas, food, shelter, etc all SHARPLY rising.

Copper alone is like 300% higher over the last 7 years?
Steel and copper prices are through the roof. 6-7 years ago, scrap copper was around $1 per pound. Now it's up to something like $3.50 or more.

Scrap steel is up to over $200 per ton. A few years ago it was around $40 per ton.

Partly due to the increase of oil prices, since oil is needed to refine these materials.

big mike

Cathode biased
We have not raised our prices. We have only changed web prices to list. Min sell is the same.
Example- 50 watt CR Sig, Classic Reverb, Classic Type 1 and 2- all list $5500,on website, min sell still $5000.
Feel free to spread the word that TR has not raised their prices in a recession, that we are not capitalist pigs,
and even though cost of living everywhere has gone up while purchasing power has gone down, that we are holding our prices, period. You guys crack me up.:crazy
Well that took all the fun out of making you guys out to be the devil!!

:)

traviswalk

In the Great State
Thanks Joe, good clarification and appreciate you chiming in. I'll suck up to you and say that I didn't mean to start this thread as a knock on you guys for raising prices because we understand it's a necessary evil, just wanted to highlight and get people talking about Two-Rocks!

Timster

they have great sounding amps, but with the prices the way they are, I have been looking elsewhere

Dave_C

Joe,

Don't want to cause any problems here or ruin a good thing for customers, but I've recently seen brand new CR Sigs (for example) sell for well under $5K.

Dave

Trending Topics