Two Rock Sig 100

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Lamont, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Lamont

Lamont Member

Just got a new Two Rock signiture 100/50 head.After 30 yrs of amps ,most of the classics and boutique stuff i have to say this is probubly the most incredible thing ive ever played.It would take a wall of blackface fenders to match the rich, creamy tones of this amp.The lead channel ,well if your looking for that Dumble type lead tone ,its o soo there!!To shape tone it has just the coolest ,simple to dial ,flip of the switch deep and mid boost--i havent even scratched the surface of what this amp can do!!But one thing it does make you play,play&play--its hard to put down the guitar w/this amp around.I LOVE my RSA 23 and although a differant amp,its a huge jump up into a whole diff.range of tone and power.I love it.

2. OldSchool

OldSchool Senior Member

I just got a Emerald Pro 50 and I to cannot believe what a great purchase I've made. I've had them all..........From Bruno's to Germinos, to Victorias...........none can match what 2Rock is doing .

They are amazing. :RoCkIn Best of luck with it.

3. Lamont

Lamont Member

Just got done w/ a few local local pickers who came over to ck it out .One who plays in a top local band was just floored ,the more i play it, but more so when i get to hear another good player do his thing ,its very impressive.This amp is not for the home player,not for the faint of heart--It really likes to be worked.

4. Gordon

Gordon Silver Supporting Member

Hey man, thanks for the review. I've been thinking of checking one of these things out and now i'm sure that I will.

5. Mike

Mike Member

Congrats on the 100! Love mine, and I've owned/played almost all of 'em.

Mike

6. big mike

big mike Moderator - EL34 Emeritas Staff Member

Yours sounds great! Particularly through my speaker.:Spank :p ;)

7. Mike

Mike Member

I was gonna say, "If only I had Big Mike's speaker!" and chops...:AOK

"Not-as-Big" Mike

8. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

Lamont...

Nothing like 100 watts to push an amp/speaker.

My favorite amps right now are a Bruno Super 100 and the Marshall 1959HW, both 100 watts. Even attenuated they have huevos muy grande!

9. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

And these would be...?

So another Raider fan! We were this close to the Super Bowl!!:Spank

10. big mike

big mike Moderator - EL34 Emeritas Staff Member

Oy don't get me started. I'm Glad Art's back.

We tried Mike's through my SA1275HP Scumback. Very cool. As was the two-rock speaker. Just different.

Definately a cool amp. Too many moving parts for me. LOL:Devil

11. Lamont

Lamont Member

Leasure suites and silver boots-Al Davis plays a Sig 100 --GAT-rumor has it that the silver and black are lookin at my D. Breese--He cant throw the long ball -it would nwever work--so forget it.And what does all this have to do w/ Two Rock anyway???Oh, Commitment to excellence!!Thats the Two Rock!!:AOK

12. Jemlite

Jemlite Member

Hey ToneGurus Mike...

Was your TR a 100/50 I played? I knew it was a sig.

Very very cool amp. I may be working something through you later in the year!

13. bluessyndicate

bluessyndicate Supporting Member

My new scumback h55/h75 blend are in transit...so I'll soon get to try out my sig with them for kicks, in my bogner os 2x12 partial open back....will feel so good to get those v30's out of the cabinet and use them as ash trays out on my deck.

14. Lamont

Lamont Member

I gotta say that i havent tried the sig w/ a cab that has what Joe would seem an acceptable match-ive been using a 2061 cab w/ stock g12h-30s--its really just all i have for the time being--have a Matchless ESD 2-12 comeing this week and was thinking about some of the new (or old ) Celestion g12 65s, i have a line on some unused ones that maybe ill try in that cab.The g12h 30s sounded i think pretty nice but were takeing a bit of a beating ,there was a point where i told my friend to ease up a bit ,so im looking forward to a Two Rock Sig cab but will try some 65s in the Matchless first.I would like to hear some thoughts on the subject from some sig owners.Thanks

15. Mike

Mike Member

Yup - 100 big guns! We were using them too! Plus I had some special sauce in there that I asked Bill to do for me. It's yet another exclusive available ToneGurus upgrade.

Mike

16. Mike

Mike Member

That'll improve things 100%. Those Scummies are nice speakers. Big Mike and I need to play around some more - maybe in a 2x12....

In a 1x12 I like the 65 - he likes the scummie. Combining them could be just the ticket.

Mike

17. Mike

Mike Member

You have a lot of options in a 2x12, but I'm starting to be convinced that a TR65 needs to be 1 of those 2 speakers. The Sig cab is unstoppable with a Sig amp. We did a lot of playing through that cab last time Big Mike and company were down here for a fest.

I recently had a Chapin customer in here who thought he might want to trade his Z28 (Big Mike's favorite) head. I asked him to bring the head so I could look at it and also so he had a point of reference when auditioning the Chapin. We plugged it into the 2x12 Sig with 65's. His jaw hit the floor. Now, having just bought the Chapin and no longer interested in trading his Z, he's now saving up for the 2x12 Sig cab.

I've tried my Two-Rocks through all kinds of cabs and over 13 speakers over the past 5 years. The 2x12 Sig is the best sounding to my ears, period. I guess it shouldn't come as that big a surprise, given that the Sig is their flagship product, and they needed to design the best possible cab to match with it.

Mike

18. LSchefman

LSchefman Member

Sounds like a cool amp - 100 watts of heavenly tone. ;)

19. jokerjkny

jokerjkny Member

100 watts will ALWAYS sound better to me than 50 watts.

i'm not talking about sheer volume or pant flapping...

but rather more grunt, more headroom, and best of all bigger transformers usually make for a bigger more authoritative sound.

can only imagine the goodness. :cool:

20. SReynolds

SReynolds Supporting Member

The Two-Rock SD 212 Sig 12-65 cab is a killer cab. When you stand in front of you amp and sound killer, got to 3:00 twenty feet over and sound like crap that absolutly sucks, with the Sig cab you sound good everywhere, amazing. A really well balanced cab.