Two Rock Studio Pro - Pickup Loading impact on fuzz pedals

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by southpaw66, Feb 14, 2012.

1. southpaw66

southpaw66 Member

Couldn't decide if this should be in the Amps or Effects section; but it is amp specific so here goes.

Has anybody else noticed how increasing the Pickup Loading on the Studio Pro can make a big change to the sound of pedals such as Big Muff Pi? It really kills to volume; I guess it's an impedance thing but I'm wondering if this is all Fuzzes or just the big muff?

Not so obvious on my TS or Small Fry but need to max out the Big Muff even to match the clean level when at maximum pickup loading. Not the most subtle of sounds when like this.

2. southpaw66

southpaw66 Member

3. Chad@LTD-Resistance

Chad@LTD-Resistance Supporting Member

The Pickup loading option only works when a guitar is plugged directly into the amp. When you introduce pedals to the front of the amp. The loading system will do two things. Either not work at all or cause impedance/volume issues. The loading system needs to see pickup impedance's, unless set to the min. Which is a stock 1m load to the front end.

4. southpaw66

southpaw66 Member

Thanks Chad. That's useful info. It seems fine with some pedals though.

I've never been a big fan of that particular fuzz anyway :)

My post is no criticism of the amp; it's such a unique feature it was only when i was playing with all the different settings that i noticed the difference. I've started the eternal quest to find the best dirt combinations to compliment the epic clean tone