Two Rock Studio Pro Plus

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by riffmeister, May 8, 2016.

1. riffmeister

riffmeister Gold Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Finally had a chance to open up this 35W 1x12 combo with the band....on all previous gigs it's been mic'd and the amp volume was pretty low. No microphone this time, classic rock covers in a four piece band. Not surprisingly, the amp sounds better played loud. :) I did change out the original Creamback 65W speaker for a Celestion A Type which gives the amp a sweeter top end. At lower volume I set the TMB eq with the mid all the way down and the bass barely cracked with the 'pull deep' switch engaged. This gives the best mid-scooped BF Fender type sound. I didn't change anything with the eq, I just raised the volumes controls.....preamp to 2 o'clock and master to 3 o'clock. At higher volume the mid-scooped sound is better realized.

Overall the amp sounded really great, good top end bite without being harsh or grating, low end tight but slightly overdriven on the bridge humbucker. And the amp handled my pedals really well (wah-compressor-OD/boost-chorus-delay). Not as beefy in the midrange and tight as my Suhr Bella, but a very rewarding sound and response with a great voice.....squarely in the slightly pushed BF Fender sound camp. A big two thumbs up!

A friend of a friend asked me about the amp during break....a quizzical look after reading the Two Rock name plate. I told him it was a Shakespeare amp.....Two Rock or not Two Rock, that is the question. :D

2. biblebound

biblebound Member

Love my TR Studio Pro Plus 22

3. riffmeister

riffmeister Gold Supporting Member

:eek:Holy smokes, someone replied to my post!!!!:eek:

What do I do now????:D

4. Stevo57

Stevo57 Supporting Member

I NEED to check this amp out.