• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Two Rock Type III

Tag

Platinum Supporting Member
This is the best all around amp I have owned. I am now getting clean tones that I feel are uncompromised, and lead tones that are the same. the best of both worlds. When ever I wanted great clean tones I would use one amp, and great overdrive tones a differnt one. No more. The tube rectifiers IMO are the key to the Dumble cleans. They were always a bit sterile and hi fi sounding compared to a good Blackface Fender. No more. I can plug in and play some jazz tunes and be totally happy with the feel and tone of the amp, then pick up a semi hollow, and be just as happy with Robben Ford type of tones, or any lower gain things. Then I can plug in my PRS and burn and chunk away at heavier gain settings. This amp is AMAZING, and yes YOU need one. I recommend putting in your order today. Operators named Joe and Bill are standing by. Then you too can look like I do walking down the street. My own parents do not even recognize me anymore. I look something like this....
:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana

:D

traviswalk

In the Great State
Do the loose items in the THD handle add to the tone? Congrats on the Type III!!

Tag

Do the loose items in the THD handle add to the tone? Congrats on the Type III!!

TUBES!! I have been buying tubes from Scott Peterson's stash because I thought I was out of my NOS tubes. A few days ago I was down stairs looking for a CD, and I stumbled on sealed bag of 22 smooth plate telefunkens I had put away a few years back so I would not forget about them.
:jo

rhythmrocker

1966 Battle of the Bands
Wow - that is an expensive amp (Six Thousand Dollars). Mr. Tag, I don't know you, but see that you have mucho postings so you must know something - could you list the other amps you have tried (and discarded)and what kind of music styles you play? Thanks.

Sean French

Quote:
- could you list the other amps you have tried (and discarded)and what kind of music styles you play?

Nope.

:banana:banana:banana

:rotflmao
Probably can't remember 'em all.;)

Lucidology

Silver Supporting Member
$6000 bucks ...whoa ...
Being a fulltime gigger, that's half of what I make in a year sometimes ...

Life is good 'eh Tag .... :)

Tag

$6000 bucks ...whoa ...
Being a fulltime gigger, that's half of what I make in a year sometimes ...

Life is good 'eh Tag .... :)

Yes. I feel very blessed that over the last 30 years I have had enough work to finance the equipment I have had. Times like this really reinforce that feeling.

Tag

Sounds nice Tag. But how much did the recording smooth out those tones? In other words, how much less smooth was it in the room?

Thanks!

Sounds the same to me. Very accurate. You can hear on the clean tones that the high end is there. On the type III you can dial out ANY buzz with the overdrive contour knob, which is what I always do. The clean contour I left wide open, thus the difference between overdrive and clean in the clip. The ultimate Tele amp! The contour knobs are a stroke of genius. If I left that much treble on in the clean side of most Dumbles/clones, then switched to overdrive, it would get very buzzy. That has always been a problem with Dumble style amps, and part of why I find the Type III the ultimate. In that clip, I think the amp would have sounded even better had I opend the contour up a touch more in overdrive. I had it at around 12 oclock I believe.

Tag

Last edited:

Trending Topics