Two Rock

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by HarryJ, Nov 12, 2005.

1. HarryJ

HarryJ Member

I played a Two Rock signiture amp at the Philly guitar show today... Jezzz what a tone machine that puppy is.
    But... alas... only my students can afford the $5500 tag...
    Perhaps one day :)

Harry Jacobson
    www.harryj.net

2. rh

rh Robo Sapien Noise Maker Gold Supporting Member

I'm sure you have mail from Scott Lerner right about now. :)

3. rgee27

rgee27 Supporting Member

Come on...$5500.????

You can have my K&M Custom for only $1900..!! Can't be that much difference.. Especially in a band mix. :confused:

4. HarryJ

HarryJ Member

Yeah, I know Scott's a Fuchs man. I certainly had no mal intent... and didn't even connect Scott with Fuchs as I wrote it.

I just call 'em as I see 'em... I didn't try the Fuchs, I tried an over priced yet ridiculously sweet Two Rock.

Hell, I'm a Brian Moore endorser and raved about Jim Solloways guitars... I'm a Dimarzio endorser and have been known to rave about Bartolini's pickups.

I have, and always will be up front. The 8 companies that I endorse all know that and I believe respect me for that.

Harry Jacobson
    www.harryj.net

5. HarryJ

HarryJ Member

Yeah $5500 ... isn't that somethin'? the funny thing is that the speaker cab was extra. I'm guessing that there are other less pricey sources. That's all so out of my price range it's not even funny. Besides I'm happy with my Fenders and SonicCord.

HJ

6. scottl

scottl Member

No email sent.... Not my style.

I am off to the show now. I'll pop in and say hi to Wasyl! (and play the Sig...)

Of course my door is open for you Harry! To jam of course.

Scott

7. FlyingVBlues

FlyingVBlues Gold Supporting Member

Harry,

They're starting to show up on the Emporium. Zoooombiex just sold one for $3900 to another Forum member. Still expensive, but about 30% cheaper.

FVB

8. zoooombiex

zoooombiex Member

i think there are also one or two for sale over on the two-rock forum... for a while, the used sigs were steadily dropping in price. but most of the ones i've seen lately have been holding in the 3800-4200 range. as FVB said, that's still expensive, but it's a helluva amp.

9. Mondoslug

Mondoslug Supporting Member

$5500? Damn you could buy like an SG for that amount? :cool:

10. HarryJ

HarryJ Member

Thats' about what I pay 'fer cars!

Was fun to play though... Actually... it did most of the playin'

HJ

11. rbone100

rbone100 Member

I was at the Philly show and I played that brand new Overdrive LTD amp from Two Rock and it blew me away. I compared it to the CR Sig and I liked it better than the CR sig--My friends did also. The $10k price tag knocked my socks off though! You could get 2 CR sigs for the price of that amp. It did sound amazing though!!! If I had the dough I would pick one up!

I have my eye on a Custom Reverb combo that I am going to try to swing a deal for!!! :D

12. aleclee

aleclee TGP Tech Wrangler Staff Member

Good thing I'm satisfied with my little Emerald 50. :D The $1800 I have in it isn't the most I've paid for an amp but the prices for some new Two Rocks is way beyond my pain threshold.

13. rgee27

rgee27 Supporting Member

How can they justify the price of the Overdrive LTD? Or the CR Sig? I've been to their shop...I've seen who is wiring the amps....They are young surf types who are probably paid very little. Even the early amps were wired by young kids, I have an early Two Rock catalog with pictures of them working on the amps in their small shop next to Zone Music in Cotati, Ca. I think it was one of the sons. Come on..$5500...$10,000?...Be real. I can't even sell my TR Custom head. And I only want $1800....? Remember what those cost?

14. big mike

big mike Moderator - EL34 Emeritas Staff Member

Man. Played ToneGuru's 100 watt Sig today.

Wow.

Just Wow.

Lotsa great tones in those.

15. mude

mude Supporting Member

Simple economics. They are not priced based on what they cost, but rather based on what people are willing to pay. There is seemingly a group of people that are willing to spend quite a bit of money to get the "Two Rock" image/sound/etc.

There are obviously very similar alternatives for significantly less money, but if you want a NEW Two rock, then you have to pay to play. If you want a real Dumble, you have to pay even more. Nothing wrong - just basic business principles it seems.

Evan.

16. amstaf

amstaf Guest

That's cheap, I just played a Two Rock Sterling Sig. It goes for about 10K.

17. rh

rh Robo Sapien Noise Maker Gold Supporting Member

No need for defensiveness, Scott. I didn't mean anything bad by it.

18. rwe333

rwe333 Supporting Member

...said tongue-in-cheek, I assume. ;)

19. Joe Mlog

Joe Mlog Member

wow, this one's a gem. We invite you to our shop, you're local, and this is what you have to say about the experience? I won't address the price comment, I believe Mude has done that. Young surf types? One of my best friends surfs, and he's an attorney. So what soes that mean exactly? The average age of our 5 man crew is 40. Is that young? Thanks! Early amps were wired by young kids? Chad's been with us for 5 years, is 30 now, and worked under Bill's supervision for 2 years before he was even qualified to build an amp. The young kid in the catalog is Morgan, he was a young kid, yup, came in to sweep the floor after school and take out the trash. One of the sons? Someone's son, sure, just not anyone in the company. I see you own a few Two-Rocks, just don't know why you're angry. Is it something we said?
    Call me anytime....707-584-8663.

20. Lerxst2112

Lerxst2112 Member

I like the age and surfer discriminating... nice touch...