Two Rock??

LVC

I would like to coordinate the opportunity to try the amp before you buy it this weekend. At this point I am shooting to go up Saturday morning.

Hey Blueser, the TR Classic Reverb amp at Black Creek is all yours.

I decided to purchase the Pure 64 Mean Street.

Classic Reverb is not for me --- the Pure 64 delivers the beautiful cleans and the natural pushed breakup I was looking for.

Classic Reverb did nothing for me. Nada. Do not want to get into a slamming festival -- but this is my 3rd honest attempt at buying a Two-Rock -- and it is the third time I walked away scratching my head.

Anyway I purchased the Pure 64 with the Custom retro wood head and 2 x12 wood cab as well.

Today, I spent the day at Mark's studio in upstate NY where he basically hand tuned the amp to my specifications (not that it needed any tuning --- amp sounded great from the get go).

Cabs will not be completed for a couple of weeks -- so no pictures until then.

dspblues

LVC,
Congrats on your 64. I'm glad you found the tone you were looking for. Did you play through my 64 while you were there? :)

LVC

LVC,
Congrats on your 64. I'm glad you found the tone you were looking for. Did you play through my 64 while you were there? :)

I tried to get Mark to sell me the wood cab on your 64 head. He explained to me that it belonged to you and that it would not fit the 64 Mean Street.

Absolutely gorgeous cabs. The cabs I am getting will be similar to yours.

I did not get to play your amp. We spent most the day swapping tubes and tweaking my amp --

I brought up my pedal board, a John English strat, and a Les Paul 59R Cloud 9.

It was a very enjoyable day.

Anaconda1126

Random question: one of the switches on my CR Sig v2 is loose... not the whole thing, just the lever. Is that normal / ok? It just seems a bit odd.

sfarnell

Silver Supporting Member
Random question: one of the switches on my CR Sig v2 is loose... not the whole thing, just the lever. Is that normal / ok? It just seems a bit odd.
I think it's because the part has to comply with import laws in Europe and Japan. The old parts that fit tightly have lead in them. That's what I heard.

Mike

Hi Anaconda, is it this same amp you described as receiving last week here:

Man, my amp arrived today but the box was beat up pretty bad and the FedEx guy dropped it about 10 inches onto my tile floor as I opened the door... I almost decked him.

Now the reverb control doesn't seem to do anything except add hum. :(
Maybe it took a shot in shipping from the fellow you bought it from. Is the reverb OK now? No worries, Joe will take care of it if it doesn't work or just bugs you.

Cheers,

Mike

Anaconda1126

Joe's already sent out a new reverb tank so hopefully that will take care of that problem.

Both the AC and the Standby switches are loose (meaning that the lever spins) but the Hi-Lo switch is firm.

Joe Mlog

Joe's already sent out a new reverb tank so hopefully that will take care of that problem.

Both the AC and the Standby switches are loose (meaning that the lever spins) but the Hi-Lo switch is firm.
I'm happy to send you replacement switches at no charge. If you have a qualified tech handy, that may be the quick and simple solution. Let me know!:dude

Anaconda1126

Thanks Joe. At this point I'm going to wait and hope that the new tank fixes the reverb. If it doesn't, I may end up having to send the amp to you because I have no business messing around with high-voltage electronics.

I really appreciate all your help as this is a pretty frustrating situation.

I can tell you I won't be using FedEx again. :/

LVC

Thanks Joe. At this point I'm going to wait and hope that the new tank fixes the reverb. If it doesn't, I may end up having to send the amp to you because I have no business messing around with high-voltage electronics.

I really appreciate all your help as this is a pretty frustrating situation.

I can tell you I won't be using FedEx again. :/
Terrible --- had some bad experiences as well.......

When I ship something out --- I take it to a UPS store and let them package it. BEFORE I leave the store I take a picture of it with one of the clerks holding or standing next to the item.

ryhlick

+ 1
Terrible --- had some bad experiences as well.......

When I ship something out --- I take it to a UPS store and let them package it. BEFORE I leave the store I take a picture of it with one of the clerks holding or standing next to the item.

Trending Topics