Two Rosk Custom Reverb/Signature Opinions?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by cander328, Jun 7, 2006.

1. cander328

cander328 Member

Any opinions about these amps for that nicely overdriven tone with quick attack allowing the player's technique to pull tones out for blues?

2. LSchefman

LSchefman Supporting Member

IMHO it's an amazing amp for that (and other styles as well). Others will have their opinions, of course.

3. LavaMan

LavaMan Gold Supporting Member

I thought about one - played through it and bought a Fuchs TDS 50 instead - does the same thing better for about $1K less...

4. MikeyG

MikeyG Supporting Member

oh boy .... disintegration ahead ....

5. tonemandan

tonemandan Member

One of the most amazing amps built by ANYONE EVER.

Dan

6. tybone

tybone Member

I have a sig and love it. It is different than my Opal. Softer and rounder where the opal is more edgy. For snappy cleans full and warm with midrange or layed back dumble overdrive without the searing top end I have trouble finding a better amp. The only complaint is that it may be too smooth and well mannered for rock and roll.

7. bluessyndicate

bluessyndicate Supporting Member

I have a CR sig and love it as well....

You'd be hard pressed to find a better blues amp IMHO...

It's the total package for wanting cleans, blues grit, crunch and searing leads out of one amp. I have never even had the desire to use a pedal with this amp...maybe a wah..that's it...the amp does not need it. It is such a great feeling to just have a guitar, a cord and an amp....and be completely happy.

On top of that, it has the most punchy articulate hi-fi sound...sometimes you just sit there and play one note a bunch of different ways and get into the nuances of pick attack, palm mutes, left hand mutes etc....

it sounds killer with a two rock 2x12 which is suprisingly light weight...gigging with this is a dream compared to my past rigs (mesa rack triaxis/2:90 stereo 4x12, Bogner Shiva w/ Bogner OS 2x12). So easy to move around and has a small stage footprint.

What else can I say?

The amp cleans up very well with guitar volume, the reverb is very nice, the sig has a power reduction mode...the global effects send on the back is a very effective master.

8. jaimo

jaimo Member

LOL!! I did the complete opposite. To each his....yada....you know.. ;)

9. OldSchool

OldSchool Senior Member

I've owned a FUCHS OD 30 and liked it but it doesn't hold a candle to any 2Rock IMO. The Tones are happening but a Fuchs just takes too much time to dial in what I want. I have a signature Reverb on the way..........it should be here soon. I'll give a full report when it does as well as a comparision to my awesome E Pro.

If you are looking for overdriven tones though I'd go get a Bruno Leadman or a Pony for more Classic tones. It just does not get any better then a Bruno. [​IMG]

10. OldSchool

OldSchool Senior Member

My Sig weighed in at $4300................:NUTS :drool :dude :RoCkIn

11. PFCG

PFCG Member

I have a 100 watt Custom Reverb Artist. It does the ultimate stevie ray blues tone and it gets pretty gainy for a very fluid gain sound. The clean is seccond to none! The options on the amp are from what ive heard... You can have the mid boost switch on with the lead channel when you footswitch it. I know thats Eugine Dares favorite mod. Plus with the sig you get the enhanced reverb/Effects loop that has a separate power supply for those 2 items, and the 50/35 watt switch. I think you can get different speaker impedance outputs etc. Those guys do just about anything for you. You can get one built for higher gain, or lower gain, octal preamp sockets, el34, 6v6, they do anything. But it will cost you.i say its money well spent, and money spent once! once you have this amp, every other amp is just gravy. I mean stock the amp dosnt do uber metal, but thats about it, and if you wanted it to, they will do it! they have made Onyx amps metalized. My 100 watt head and 1x12 cab was 4300 and im so glad i got it. i think sometimes..... and other guys play anything else? especially the fuchs fans, geese, thats such a travesty! The amp has a great attack that is really responsive to the touch, and every note just blooms. quite frankly the best amp ive ever played. and has a better clean than a Dumble.

12. OldSchool

OldSchool Senior Member

This is what I was told by people I really respect and know their ****. I can't wait to stick my Relic strat into it ...............:RoCkIn

13. trisonic

trisonic Member

What sort of blues?

I play blues stuff of the British variety - natch; I'm British.
    A couple of weeks back I had the opportunity to play two different Alessandros and one Two Rock Custom with a variety of guitars including a pair of Chapins (completely different, one Les Paul on steroids like the other an "improved" Strat like) one McCarty and one kind of regular Strat (with Fralins).
    They sounded good through all the amps but really spectacular through the high end Alessandro Beagle (the exact same amp reviewed by GP). Whilst both Alessandros allowed a set up and forget then controlled by guitar the Two Rock required fiddling by the owner each time a new guitar was plugged in it but then it sounded great! When I asked him what he was doing he told me he was adjusting the volume (using four knobs) to get the overall levels the same for each piece.

What I preferred in both Alessandros over the Two Rock was the incredible control over the overall gain from the guitar volume - yes even just pick attack. Whilst I would have been happy to use any of the amps I really preferred the Alessandro Beagle (tho' it's a bugger to keep typing....). Maybe I'm just getting old but using amps with a total of 4 knobs makes a lot of sense to me...

JMO!

Best, Pete.

14. MikeyG

MikeyG Supporting Member

Personally, I don't care for quick attack when playing blues. I like a little sag. Most vintage amps, which blues players gravitate towards, aren't know for super quick attack.

15. bullfrogblues

bullfrogblues Supporting Member

So, when are you bringing it over to my house???;)

Allan.

16. JustAHack

JustAHack Member

Nice, OldSchool! :AOK