TwoRock Type III First few clips.

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Tag, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Tag

Tag Gold Supporting Member

2. albuht813

albuht813 Member

I've got a T3, but have been unsuccessful getting that kind of tone out of it. Could you post pics of your settings? The drive tone is sweet!

3. TopDog

TopDog "jumping the valence" Silver Supporting Member

The Type 3 is plug and play. There's no magic in setting the controls, really. Based on my experience with mine.

4. Tag

Do you know that the clean master volume is also an overall masetr volume? TwoRock should really put that in the manuel. All tone controls are at noon, gain 1 is at 1 oclock, lead gain is at 2 oclock, lead master is at 9 oclock, and clean (overall) master volume is at 10 oclock. The lead contour control on the back is at 12 oclock. The feedback switch on the right side (facing the back of the amp) is in the up position, and the other one is in the middle. The BIG thing is I am going into a twoRock 12 65 speaker. That is of the UTMOST importance! You should be able to nail my tone with zero problem. I am using a Chapin Stratahoula for the strat clips, and a Gibson 359 for the humbuckers. (classic57pups) let me know if that works for you. Its really just the basic way the amp sounds. :) Call me if you have any problems and we can go over it on the phone. Shoot me an email and I will give you my#.

5. stelligan

stelligan Member

Tag,
    I really like the 359 clip. I've always had a thing for Gibsons and Teles with these amp styles. How do you get that thick articulation? What sort of picks do you use? I hear it in most of your clips and it is independent of whatever amp you are using. Almost resembles a compressor artifact but, in a good way. :BEER

6. Tag

Thanks man, but what I think you are hearing is my VERY old sm57. It gives everything I do a certain nasal quality. I think I need a new one, as its 26-27 years old. It MAY also be the back side of the small fender jazz heavy picks. I use the rounded side, not the point side. FAT!

7. stelligan

stelligan Member

Ahhh. I bet that's what I'm hearing. Thanks