Tycho appreciation thread

Staticbuster

Tycho is absolutely amazing. The progression Scott has lead the music through is pretty awesome. I'm honestly not that big a fan of "Weather" but I'm keen to hear the forthcoming reworking of the record. Funny thing is, live, they're amazingly perfect, but to a fault. It sounded like they just hit play on the record and mimed along. I hope one day I get the chance to see them live with the lady singer.

chandra

Tycho is incredible. The new direction is very much in the “festival vibey” elec style that’s popular now, and it sounds great. I think that’s why so many didn’t like Weather. The vocals are a great addition to the music, but they aren’t very memorable. Great hooks tho, man. What an album.

Les Paul for thickness into Kemper. I can’t see single coils working with that band, but would love to see more guitar-dominant segments. Scott produces and writes some really great parts that sit well with everything. And that Minilogue love, lol. Wonderful.

Looking forward to instrumental Weather. But the whole discography is fantastic. Like a very blissed-out Tame Impala.

Staticbuster

I’m also anxiously awaiting the Weather instrumental rework. I agree with @chandra the vocals on Weather were well sung, but lyrically mostly duds imo. I mean, what the hell is Pink & Blue supposed to be? That lyric “you’ve been asking all about my diet” is so random within the context of the song it’s like homegirl just needed a sentence that rhymed.

I guess I compare it alot to something like a Thievery Corporation record where the lyrics are so deep, meaningful, and varied. Hopefully Weather is just a beginning for Scott, much like comparing Science of Patterns to Dive or Awake.

I think it is also worth mentioning and giving props to the fact that both Epoch and Weather have been nominated for Grammys. Pretty awesome for a guy who studied and intended on being a graphic designer.

eclecto-acoustic

Serial tree-hugger
It's interesting, as I'm a relative newcomer to their stuff. I've been getting really into some of the more mellow side of electronic music, which is obviously really well served with the combination of synths and more traditional instruments.

Hearing the progressive nature of the music with its mix of lo-fi and hi-fi sounds, great drumming...it really is something special. Looking forward to hearing more of them.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom