Tyler Classic/Pickups . . best tone I have acheived.

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by dankayaker, Feb 11, 2008.

1. dankayaker

dankayaker Supporting Member

I had a long rehearsal yesterday playing my Tyler Classic with a new pickguard Tyler wired up for me. The singles are 2500's I think and the hummer is a "Shark". I received many comments on how good that guitar sounded. I was using a Budda SD18 head /matching 2x12 cab, OCD and a Time Factor in the loop . . .what a lead tone.
    I used my R8 earlier for the two services I play and thought it sounded pretty good . . but the Tyler was everthing I love . . Fat, warm, cutting and rich.
    I may be ordering more Sharks for my LP.

2. Ironman

Ironman Member

I think the Shark is his hotest pup at the moment. I'd love to check out his buckers, he's got a few to choose from and I've heard nothing but good things about them. Anway, congrats!

3. dankayaker

Interesting . . .I'd be curious about how hot it actually is, it has alot of the character (woody and like the guitar) that higher gain pickups tend to loose.

4. jamison162

jamison162 Member

5. Ironman

Ironman Member

I first saw the Shark's coming out with the limited run Ice Water's that Wildwood is getting. I'm not a big hot bucker fan but my Tyler's with the JB's don't come across as being hot. These guitars work really well with hot bridge pups. Tyler's pups are super quality stuff, premo wire and what not, makes a difference. I'm guessing the Shark is 16-17K ohm. Super hot but clear, maybe like a Suhr Aldrich possibly?

6. dankayaker

where do I plug the doohicky in ?
    Just kidding . . I need to get a multimeter.

7. dankayaker

I had a Aldrige in another guitar and really did not like it. Maybe it's the guitars though.