Tyler Dann Huff...she´s on order

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Urkoman, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Urkoman

Urkoman Member

Since i discovered Tyler guitars i´ve almost stopped looking at others :eek: I own one, and have played about 9 others. I loved them all, but specially one: Dan Huff classic.
    This guitar is almost impossible to find used (i never buy new guitars, well, almost :D ) and the price was frightening...but i thought it deserver the effort, sold a couple of guitars and...she´s on order for me.
    Any of you owns one of these? I´d love to know you oppinions

;)

2. TippyRacer

TippyRacer Member

What's the deal with the Dan Huff? How is it different?

I see you have an AT100! Cool! :AOK

Tommy

3. BPlexico

BPlexico Member

I dont have a Dan Huff model Tyler - but I recently picked up a James Tyler Hollow Studio Elite Burning Water guitar and I am enamoured with it. Light weight at 6 lbs - a neck to die for - and wonderful tone from both the two Strat pickups and the bridge humbucker. It took me years to get over the headstock design - but it isn't so bad in person - and the quality of these guitars is amazing. They aren't cheap, as you have pointed out, but they are inspiring guitars, they just make you want to pick them up and play, play, play...oh and the trem is the kahoonas as well.

-- Barr

[​IMG]

4. Urkoman

Urkoman Member

Hmmmm...nothing major.
    Alder body, rosewood board on maple neck, booster, 2x duncan classic stacks and a Duncan JB and three push-push buttons for different wirings, one for each pickup.

About the AT100, on the first post i said i sold two guitars to buy this one...guess one :D

Bplexico, i´m curious about how do hollow ones sound, i´ve only played solid bodies :)
    You know, after a couple of days i began to love the headstock too. :D

5. mpc

mpc Member

Hi Urkoman
    Was just wondering if you received your Dann Huff Tyler yet? I have one of these guitars, I got mine back in 1999, it's my favourite guitar, i love it.
    Let me know

6. I'm jealous! I want a Dan Huff Tyler.

7. But you can sure recognize them from the back of the stadium when someone is playing one.

8. Urkoman

Urkoman Member

Whooops! Didn´t see the last messages ;)
    I´ve just received a call from home, she´s arrived.
    Damn, i´m working now...three hours left...argh!!!!!!!!:D

9. Phil Bennett

Phil Bennett Member

Youre like me, Ive just bought a Tyler Custom Classic, and stopped looking at anything else.

Wonderful guitars

Phil

10. Berlin Chris

Berlin Chris Member

soooooo Urkoman,

tell us about it. :D

11. Urkoman

Urkoman Member

As i said in the first message, i tried a Huff, i almost never buy new guitars, and after playing her a couple of days i sold two guitars and ordered her without a doubt...guess why? ;) :D
    Stunning, no, STUNNING guitar. Fantastic feel and tone (ohhh i love that neck), and the mini switches give nice options, specially noticeable on the singles (on- raw, nice amount of output for a single, off-very 60´s strat, amazing cleans).
    I´m in love.:eek:

12. mpc

mpc Member

Does your Huff classic have the 3 No series/parallel buttons and if so, when the button is pushed in, is that series or parallel?

13. Urkoman

Urkoman Member

Yes, she does, but i´ve made some changes since stock. When they were pushed there was less gain, so i guess that was in parallel and when unpushed was in series.
    I changed the Duncan Classic Stacks for two lindy Fralin blues Special. As the two first switches were useless with a real single coil, now the button 1 is a bypass for the booster, and the second is a bypass for the tone circuit :AOK
    I´ll soon change the JB soon also, probably for a Suhr.

14. mpc

mpc Member

Thanks for your reply, is a standard guitar wired in series then?

15. Urkoman

Urkoman Member

Yes, withut the switches it´s in series. ;)

16. stratofied

stratofied Member

I have a Dan Huff. I ordered it without the painted headstock and I'm not crazy about gold hardware so I went with chrome. This was my #1 guitar for years. Recently my Tyler Classic has been getting all the love but I doubt that I'll be letting the Huff go any time soon.