1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Tyler info needed

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by outbäckISH, Feb 14, 2009.

1. outbäckISH

outbäckISH Member

I am thinking of getting a Tyler.

I have looked at their website but it has not been updated for long.

My questions then:

It seems Wildwood guitars is the no#1 dealer since they were the only dealer selling "customshop" Tylers (The Ice Tea SE model with brazilian rosewood fretboard). I saw in another thread that Tyler offered more options then listed on the website. Could you for instance get a Tyler SE Retro hollow with a brazilian fretboard?

Also - There is supposed to be a commemorative edition SE coming out soon Anyone know anything about this guitar?

My last question: When I looked at the guitars listed at Wildwood the ICE Tea models had James Tyler written over the headstock as opposed to the other models which had a printed logotype with the name Tyler all over the headstock. It seems that whenever Tyler offers a limited edition of a model the name James Tyler gets written with a signature logotype on the headstock. Is this true? Does anyone know if Tyler plans to come out with other signature models this Year? The Ice Tea SEs at Wildwood have all been sold by now I would think.

2. ChazMania

ChazMania Silver Supporting Member

You can also order a custom spec Tyler through Tone Merchants. They are a dealer here in Southern Calif. Check their threads in the dealers emporium for contact info. Noel, Rob and Carl are great helpful guys.

3. Steven

Steven Member

Also check out www.godlyd.no - they sell Tylers (but the Norweigan krona is high and you have to pay sales tax and customs fees - unless you take a train ride from Stockholm...)