Tyler Mongoose pictures and info - Please

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by stubbyJ, Jul 17, 2008.

1. stubbyJ

stubbyJ Member

Hey there, Tyler mongoose owners. Would you be so kind as to post pictures and information regarding your Mongoose. How about likes, dislikes, thougths and or concerns. Maybe what you would order differently next time. Tones to be had (LPish/Stratish), or any other information would be wonderful.

I'm very close to dumping some guitars and ordering one with a small 59 neck in black schmear and I would like some advice from you folks. I thank you all in advance.

StubbyJ:RoCkIn

2. Flinto2002

Flinto2002 Senior Member

Here are a couple of mine for you to drool over. Amazing guitars BTW. The 2H model is LP-ish, but does not sound like a LP. A mongoose is hollow and fender scale. It's not as thick in the mids as a LP, but is an excellent guitar.

Here is my spalted maple, mahogany back, rosewood neck Mongoose
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are a couple shots of my mahogany neck & body 3P90 Mongoose with trem. Totally different beast, sounds like a LP Junior meets a strat on crack.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Get it, you won't be disappointed, but again, it's not gonna be an LP. To my ears and just about everyone else on the gear forums. Nothing but a LP sounds like an LP.

Jim S likes this.
  3. brent

brent Member

how 'bout blue black?

[​IMG]

defintitely not an LP tone, if anything it's closer to a 335 but not that either,

Mine has full woody mids in spades

Mine also has push/pull tone controls, series/parallel for each pickup and the fat neck

Jim S likes this.
  4. BarneyFife

BarneyFife Supporting Member

Every one of those are just SICK!!!

Thanks for the pics and GAS.

5. stubbyJ

stubbyJ Member

In the words of Barneyfife

Yes, those are all just SICK!!!

I thank you guys a great deal for your efforts in posting the pics. I have a buddy that is watching this thread and has his drool cup out as well.

The finishes are all so outstanding. I would hate to buy a guitar on the finish alone, but dang, it sure pulls in the direction.

I hear about how good they play, and how the necks feel and it's like an addict in a New York alley.

Brent! You have got the guitar I can't get out of my thoughts ((along with my wife (in case she reads this)). I've always thought it was Black/White schmear, but that is the exact color I want.

Brent, what are the single coil tones like - stratish. Meaning I had a PRS custom 24 with HFS pickup and the single coil tones were by far their own animal. Not that this is a bad thing, just wondering.

Awesome, awesome guitars guys; thanks a great deal.:banana

6. tubetone

tubetone Member

Very gool guitars gentlemen. Me wanty... what size are the necks on these in general? That spalted is way cool, but I'll take one of each, the schmear is also very happening...

7. brent

brent Member

mine doesn't have coil taps, it puts the pickup coils in series or parallel with themselves
    the tone just gets a little thin, the output cuts but it doesn't become as anemic as a coil tap

the tone pots are also the most useful I've had on a guitar, in a rock setting I back the rear one off for a rhythm sound and then just crank the tone pot for solo/fill cut

It's a pretty uniquely versatile setup

I let Jim pick the p/up's only specifying paf like and suitable for the series/parallel switching

[​IMG]

8. stubbyJ

stubbyJ Member

Brent

Thanks for the addtional picture and info., however it's starting to hurt.

I'm thinking obout the trem. bridge., but I do like the idea of a neck angle, for some reason guitars with an angled neck feel comfortable to me.

In my opnion, you have what could be thought of as the pinnacle of guitars.

StubbyJ