U-CONTROL UCA202 USB-Audio Interface

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by stumboid, Feb 28, 2008.

1. stumboid

stumboid Member

2. stumboid

stumboid Member

Another question.

I noticed that this product has two RCA inputs/outputs. Why would I want RCA? I only use 1/4". If I did get this, there are 1/4" mono to RCA adapters. Would such an adapter decrease the quality of the recordings?

3. gregovertone

gregovertone Member

if you bought that....i don't think the rca would have that much of an impact on the 'quality of the recordings.

i'm guessing the sole purpose of that is to record......not to record well.

for $29.....there are certainly plenty of uses.

4. stumboid

stumboid Member

Nah, I haven't bought it. I am looking just to record more than one track at a time and this seems to bee the least expensive way. I use an m-audio jamlab which is 30 dollars also, and the sound quality is good enough for me.

I just can't afford a $300-400 usb/firewire interface like the firebox.

5. moody07747

moody07747 Member

I have heard so many complaints on that interface.
    You would be better off with a Toneport...or better yet, an m-audio fast track USB.

The Behringer unit doesn't have any preamps and only L/R input and L/R output so you can only record a single stereo input and would need to run a preamp or good mixer like the yamaha MG into it to give guitar and mic inputs.

This little interface works good by itself if you want to run some CD player or mp3 player to your PC to record a few things but don't expect anything great out of it and expect to pay for a mixer to run with it.

I have not liked Behringer gear much at all but have had good luck and sound with their KX1200 amp.

6. stumboid

stumboid Member

Thanks. Would I be able to record two separate tracks in my DAW with the m-audio fast track? I don't know how to tell because there is one xlr input and one instrument input on it but it does not clearly specify this.

To make a long story short, I am looking for an interface under $150 that can run at least two tracks at the same time.