U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017

CC Overdrive

Should be a good one. Wonder what other tuneage we can expect to hear...

They're playing a time Gillette, which is right down the road from me. Can't wait.

traviswalk

In the Great State
Platinum Supporting Member
I'm very excited for this, such an amazing album and would like to hear them play songs like Red Hill Mining Town that surprisingly they have not played live.

Guitar Josh

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Supporting Member
I've seen two concerts at FedEx and I'm not doing stadium tours again. It's just not a good environment to see a show. It's not build for that. I'm sure there will be a Blu ray and I'll buy that. Better seats than I can afford anyway.

i8guitar

Spew Are So Beautiful
Gold Supporting Member
I'm excited! Which of the US cities would be the best place to see the tour?

Nebakanezer

World’s Okayest Guitar Player
Silver Supporting Member
Mumford and Sons, One Republic and the Lumineers are taking turns opening in the US, and Noel Gallagher in Europe.
I would be excited, but they aren't coming around here (NC).
D.C. is as close as we'll get. Being a Redskins fan, it was nice of them to let me know they were coming to FEDEX........ I saw an FHStival there in 2001 with Rage and STP as the headliners with a Blue Man Group intermission between them, about as awesome as you can get for a Stadium!!!
I've seen two concerts at FedEx and I'm not doing stadium tours again. It's just not a good environment to see a show. It's not build for that. I'm sure there will be a Blu ray and I'll buy that. Better seats than I can afford anyway.
I went and saw GnR at Giant Stadium last year. Both Lenny and them put on a great show, but being in the nose bleed seats at the 50 yard line, the sound wasn't the best.....
This tour is hitting up the same stadiums and might be the only one I'd consider seeing in a stadium again, really like U2 and love the Joshua Tree!!

somecafone

I saw them on the Zoo TV tour at Dodger Stadium.
It was a fantastic show.
They were able to achieve an "intimacy" - for lack of a better word - I've never experienced with any other stadium show.

But the logistics of their Bay Area show will be a challenge. The South Bay is impenetrable on a week night.
Unless you live or work down there, so this has @A-Bone written all over it.

JohnK24

Silver Supporting Member
I caught the 360 tour in Pittsburgh. Great show, but I'm done with stadium concerts. Like was noted above, I'll spend the $20 for the blueray and enjoy that.

Hipfan49

Silver Supporting Member
Saw them twice on the Elevation tour, they were fantastic. Haven't seen them since, but I'm going to the Vancouver show; just signed up for their fan club, so getting ready for the presale on Wednesday!

supergenius365

Disclaimer: Not an actual supergenius
Silver Supporting Member
I'm very excited for this, such an amazing album and would like to hear them play songs like Red Hill Mining Town that surprisingly they have not played live.
They don't play Red Hill Mining Town because it was/is too hard on Bono's voice to do night after night. I believe it was supposed to be released as a single until he realized it would trash his voice on tour.

They don't play Red Hill Mining Town because it was/is too hard on Bono's voice to do night after night. I believe it was supposed to be released as a single until he realized it would trash his voice on tour.

I thought it was released as a single? I know it has a video at least.

My favorite track from that album. The singing is phenomenal. He will probably not be able to pull it off but it would still be good to see it performed.

jkg

Gold Supporting Member
I saw the original tour thirty years ago and it was amazing. i would love to see it again.

BluesForDan

Silver Supporting Member
bucket list band but ticks will probably be north of 250 for nose bleed seats by the time ticket bastard gets done bending you over

stimpson

my favorite era of U2 was the original Joshua Tree tour (which was documented in Rattle and Hum)

i would love to see this at Foxboro but would be perfectly happy watching this at home as well

supergenius365

Disclaimer: Not an actual supergenius
Silver Supporting Member
I thought it was released as a single? I know it has a video at least.

My favorite track from that album. The singing is phenomenal. He will probably not be able to pull it off but it would still be good to see it performed.

Yes to the video. In God's Country was the 4th US single.

ReddRanger

my favorite era of U2 was the original Joshua Tree tour (which was documented in Rattle and Hum)

i would love to see this at Foxboro but would be perfectly happy watching this at home as well
That's the era when I first discovered U2 and grew up on them. It's interesting though, because didn't that tour almost drive them to breaking up (Larry at least)? Ultimately they hit the reset button and went in a new direction with Achtung Baby.

marktweedy

In Transit®
Silver Supporting Member
I have never seen them, but would like to. Too bad Noel Gallagher is not opening in NA; I would like to see him, too.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom