UA Amp Pedals Suck

NoiseNinja

TGPers, once again demonstrating their incredible reading comprehension skills on top of their restrain in ranting about irrelevant topics in a thread.

Yes, indeed:
Yes, I agree, my dirt cheap but pretty amazing Joyo American Sound and Oxford Sound should be free of charge and be digital so they could have 30 mediocre digtal amp emulations that I would have no use for instead of being all analog and just emulating respectively Fender and Orange type amps pretty impressively, even if that is just what I need. :messedup

Also you could expand this to other analog pedals, why aren't they all digital multi effects instead, cause everyone knows everyone needs not just one great analog tone exactly to their personal preferences that makes them sound like them, but rather 100 crappy digital ones that sort of almost can make then sound like everyone else, I know I definitely rather have access to a mediocre digital ring modulator that I have no use for than a great analog chorus, even if that is what I really need, cause just like knowing it is there if I at some point for God knows which strange reason ever should need one?

Honestly seems to me like you want amp-in-a-box pedals to be multi effects, so why not just buy a multi effect and let amp-in-a-box pedals be what they are and are good at being?

Also investing in some better speakers might blow your mind and change your perspective on things. ;)

Edit!: Seems like I missed the specific UA part of OP's point, and in that case he might actually be on to something.
:
Edit!: Seems like I missed the specific UA part of OP's point, and in that case he might actually be on to something.

NoiseNinja

Thanks for pointing it out but I actually do read things before I comment. Good you are picking up on the practice though
So you actually did notice that I corrected myself very shortly after the original reply, which was done hours before your comment on it, and still you felt the need to rant, totally off topic, about it?

Like as if you never overlook something that should have been obvious by accident. :rolleyes:

But apparently it such a big sin that correcting yourself shortly after and admitting your oversight simply is not good enough, too little too late, and still making it a condemnable act.

M

Member 202500

So you actually did notice that I corrected myself very shortly after the original reply, which was done hours before your comment on it, and still you felt the need to rant, totally off topic, about it?

Like as if you never overlook something that should have been obvious by accident. :rolleyes:

But apparently it such a big sin that correcting yourself shortly after and admitting your oversight simply is not good enough, too little too late, and still making it a condemnable act.
1654452862070.png

Z3P0

Silver Supporting Member
There's a certain segment of players who seem desperate to buy pretty much anything. They'll beg for the privilege of pre-ordering something that doesn't even exist yet. The dopamine from acquiring new gear is more important than the gear itself.
I think there's some truth to that

You think these suck? Get a load of those SLO Mini amps…..

I kid, I kid, but seriously,

why don’t they have a hidden 32 channel mixer UA software inside for when you hook up USB to them and your DAW?

One amp? Why don’t they have 500 models of superior modeling code?

Why can’t I load IR’s with 4096 sample size and have .00002ms latency?

Why don’t they come with a complimentary 2 in, 2 out UA Audio Interface for your PC or Mac?

Why don’t they have built in Autotune for guitar to make me sound better?

Disappointed….

For that kind of money, I’d expect UA would step up a bit…

crosse79

I'm just tired of this post-internet age of people getting in their feels because some company releases something that makes them feel insecure or whatever. I don't even understand what the problem is. The market will figure it out. If UA's stuff really is crap, then the market will tell them that. If it's amazing (and so far it has been) then the market will tell them that too.

I have no real use for these as the Iridium already kinda does what these 3 do. But if they released a pedal that covered something else that intrigued me, I'd be more than interested. I don't care about MIDI or presets or whatever shenanigans people that probably don't even produce need to be able to talk to their therapist on that day.

Just because you don't care for MIDI (like me) doesn't mean that it's not an important feature to have. From what I've seen, there's a lot of valid points with a few irrational ones. UA is pretty much selling a Lamborghini but you get the steering wheel with 1 button to sound the horn. If you want more, gotta upgrade to premium steering wheel with extra premium feature like on/off radio, skipping tracks on albums, cruise control, etc.

LaXu

Just because you don't care for MIDI (like me) doesn't mean that it's not an important feature to have. From what I've seen, there's a lot of valid points with a few irrational ones. UA is pretty much selling a Lamborghini but you get the steering wheel with 1 button to sound the horn. If you want more, gotta upgrade to premium steering wheel with extra premium feature like on/off radio, skipping tracks on albums, cruise control, etc.
The problem is that there is no premium steering wheel offered.

crosse79

The problem is that there is no premium steering wheel offered.
Yes there is? It comes in the form of buying another car. I presume that if you want to have all the features, you'll need to buy a number of their hardware and software.

LaXu

Yes there is? It comes in the form of buying another car. I presume that if you want to have all the features, you'll need to buy a number of their hardware and software.
Another car from another brand, because UA does not offer an equivalent device with things like MIDI. They don't offer any box that could add control systems to their pedal range.

ben777

There's a certain segment of players who seem desperate to buy pretty much anything. They'll beg for the privilege of pre-ordering something that doesn't even exist yet. The dopamine from acquiring new gear is more important than the gear itself.

I don't get it... everyone has so much stuff. I am completely ambivalent on these new pedals and increasingly ambivalent on every new pedal. No way I'm buying any of them but they don't offend me or anything.

Once you have a setup that works you're supposed to stop caring about new stuff and just enjoy playing... Of course we all buy a bunch of stuff when we're learning and trying to figure out what works for the kind of music we want to make.

But it's not supposed to be an infinitely revolving merry-go-round of buying stuff and then replacing even though it's all working perfectly it all just cause the marketing folks at the pedal companies have dreamed up new stuff.

It's like guitar players have fallen into the amateur photography trap of thinking their photos can't stay relevant unless they always upgrade to the newest camera.

I mean of course the '65 Dream is irrelevant to you if you have a Blackface Fender, the Ruby is irrelevant if you own a Vox, and so on. The existence of the pedal shouldn't bother you but you should also not care in the least that exists or get upset they made something you don't need.

Last edited:

Ja2854

Silver Supporting Member

I'd say it's more them selling a Porsche 911 GTS for 120k and then the crowd bitches about how it doesn't come with carbon ceramic brakes and needs premium gas and how a Hellcat is comparable at 0-60 at half the cost (even though it's **** everywhere else).

Sqvare_Vülf

Sounds troll-ish, but hell, I’ll bite:

Ooooh!?!?? I must’ve forgotten to consult you on what I like. I forgot, in this day and age we must all like the same things (conformity conformity conformity!!)

The OPs personal opinion is much like sweaty a-holes: we’ve all got one and few of us are interested in viewing other people’s, yet you’re flopping your sweaty a$$ around as if your a$$ is the only one that matters put that thing away man, no one truly gives a s..t

I have enough gear to start a small shop. I’m a bit of a collector except I use everything I own and I don’t do vintage, so take what you will from this -

Just got the Ruby and much prefer it’s simplicity over ALL of my modelers (kemper, stomp, fm9). I used to LOVE modelers which is why I have all of the major ones, but have grown to despise the menu diving and I hardly use them any more. With the ruby I had my tone in about a minute.

If/when a modeler dies (satan forbid it happens live) and you dont have the same exact thing as a backup - you’re losing time and you’re losing the interest of the crowd. And in some cases, depending on the overall situation, you show is over. Troubleshooting my pedalboard takes about 1 minute and I can remove the culprit from my chain very very quickly with my switcher.

And let’s be real - I literally use 1-2 base tones and do everything else with pedals, so the modeler, for that purpose, is overkill. One could argue that I could get all of my pedal sounds from modelers - yes this is true… and?!?! As much as I use to love the modelers, I love pedals far far far more. It’s not even close. The tactile feel and the non-menu diving are HUGE selling points for me.

I have zero need for headphones to hear my guitar - my 100W victory V140 is plenty loud …. (Yes, I understand why headphones are actually necessary for some people)

Won’t sell the big boy modelers as they still have some utility with recording, but for practice and live? I’ll take the ruby (and soon to be dream ‘65) over the big modelers everyday of the week… for now. I could very well flip and be pro big modeler next week - I just love gear man, all of it and you don’t, so what? Pick your gear of choice and let other people be man!

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom