• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

UA Compressor Plugins Help

Adam79

Hey, I got $100 worth of coupons at the UA store and I'm having trouble deciding between the Neve 33609, 1176 Collection, LA-3A or dbx 160. I already have the LA-2A Collection, Fairchild Legacy, 1176 Legacy.

Right now I'm leaning towards the Neve 33609 because of it's versatility and supposed amazing performance on the Master fader (as well as gluing the mix together). In other reviews, the LA-3A seems to be versatile as well. The 1176 is supposedly amazing when using it with the LA-2A. The 160 gets amazing reviews too.

Right now I'd say that the Neve 33609 is the front runner cuz of it's Master Track performance (as well as mix glue) and versatility.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated; I have another week to decide.

Thanks,
-Adam

btg

The 1176 is a good choice. For a master bus compressor check out the Manley Vari-Mu as well. I have had good results with the compressors on the API Vision and Neve 88RS channel strips for light compression work.

Probos

Silver Supporting Member
I have the 1176 collection, LA-2A collection and the Precision Buss Compressor. They're all great, but if I could only have one I'd probably go with the LA-2A collection. They add such rich, fat girth to tracks,...especially drums and bass. Works really well on sub mix busses and the master buss as well. I find them very versatile -- 1176's are dope as well.

That said I just read the reviews of the Neve 33609 -- I might have to get that one.

Last edited:

Adam79

I went with the Neve 33609. I might grab the LA-3A before the sale ends...at $50 it seems like a steal. Plus, the reviews on that one are great. Most people say they were hesitant and now it's one of their most used UA plugs. I've been slow to use the demos...I wanna save them for when I'm mixing something for real.

Trending Topics