• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Uberschall vs Reeza

ben_allison

It's been a while since I played the Reeza, but I remember it being modern, crisp, tight, and non-fizzy.

How does it compare to the Uberschall in terms of:

- voicing
- smoothness
- heaviness
- thumpiness
- amp-likeness

Holzar1988

Gold Supporting Member
It's been a while since I played the Reeza, but I remember it being modern, crisp, tight, and non-fizzy.

How does it compare to the Uberschall in terms of:

- voicing
- smoothness
- heaviness
- thumpiness
- amp-likeness
OK. I haven't played an Uberschall, but I like your description of the Reeza. (I owned one of those.) I always thought the Reeza was pretty great for stuff up through the '80s and maybe early '90s. But I wouldn't describe it as particularly heavy or thick. It's not what I would choose for super heavy, chugga chugga stuff (though I suppose it's tight enough it might pull that off).

Right or wrong, I generally associate heavy with dark. The Reeza is not a particularly dark pedal. My Elements is darker. A Walrus Iron Horse is darker. I would expect the Uber to be a bit darker, thicker and heavier ... but, as I said, I haven't played one. So there you go.

Seems like if the list above is your set of criteria, the Reeza might not be your best pick. Uber, Megalith Delta, Tone Czar, Amptweaker TightMetal, Weehbo Morbid Drive ... I think all of those might get you closer to what you've described above.

ben_allison

I'm not going for al out metal per se... just something a bit tighter, thumpier, "throatier" and more cutting than my Riot.

ben_allison

I should clarify that I meant the Reeza 2. The separate tone controls seem like they'd make the Reeza way more versatile.

TomVanDeven

Just hit the Reeza if it's the apple of your eye. If you want to go Bogner, I'd probably look at the Ecstacy Red being a little closer tonally to the Reeza.

And btw, hi Ben. :wave

ben_allison

Hey Tom. Your latest Bear Flag stuff is deadly man! Nice stuff!

I liked the Reeza, but I'm wondering if the Uber will be a bit more spongy, and have more kick in the low end.

Clips I've heard of the Red sound good, but it always seems a bit on the "fuzzy" or "gruff" side.

Is that the case or just misleading demos?

plan-x

Did the Red. No fizz/fuzz. It's actually a classic shredder that has super clarity. Really hi/fi. I gonna get one again eventually. The Reeza 2 is a bit scooped with no mid control, I worried it wound't cut the mix. I couldn't bond with it, to modern sounding and no matter how I dialed it in, it generally sound the same. I have no experience with Uberschall.

I'm not going for al out metal per se... just something a bit tighter, thumpier, "throatier" and more cutting than my Riot.
That's more the Pisdiyauwot than the Reeza. I have the Pisdi and it's awesome. I don't consider it a metal-only pedal at all. It's just a good tight sounding distortion.

ben_allison

I thought the Pisdi was cool when I had it, but it's in the 5150/Rectifier territory. My thing is more "Brown sound on steroids" which is why I love the Riot.

Just looking for another option that has similar voicing with more tweakability, and a tad "finer grain."

I don't consider the Pisdi to sound 5150/Recto at all. It's not open and compressed enough for that. To me the Pisdi sounds more like a high gain Plexi. The Pisdi sounds like it's the same circuit as the Reeza just voiced a bit differently.

I didn't like the Reeza 2 as much as the first one for some reason. There was just something about it that didn't sound as good to my ears.

The pisdi nails this sound:

eclipseall

I owned the ubershall and its got to be one of the worst high gainners out there. Its basically a gainny overdrive. As full on distortion it reaaly doesnt compare to many great ones ou there. Sold it rather quickly.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom