UDO Super 6

pcs9527

Here's a new demo of this synth.

Definitely sold me. No screen, lots of performance control and the sound is gorgeous.
Not sure what the US prices will be yet...he mentions the UK and Euro prices but those don't necessarily translate. But if it's comparable I am definitely buying one of these once they're out.

pcs9527

So the same price as a Prophet6.
My hope is there will be a few people who sell them off quick on the used market and then I can snag one for a bit less.

eclecto-acoustic

Serial tree-hugger
Watching now. I am really starting to like Sonic State. Proper reviews.

EDIT: Dang that sounds good. I think a lot of it is the player though...you can tell he is working the instrument, and knows it quite well.

Last edited:

TJontheRoad

Just Wanna Be Misunderstood
Gold Supporting Member
Watching now. I am really starting to like Sonic State. Proper reviews.

EDIT: Dang that sounds good. I think a lot of it is the player though...you can tell he is working the instrument, and knows it quite well.

George knows the instrument and how to get the sound in head instantly. He makes it look easy.

pcs9527

It helps that he designed it! I am sure it won't be quite as fluid for one of us trying it out for the first time. Most any deep synth takes some time to really learn, even if the basic subtractive layout is the same on many each has its own details...how the waveforms interact, gain-staging, different filters etc.

New video tour, made for Superbooth 2020. UDO guy also shows earlier synths that he made, including a couple of one-of-a-kind, home-made analog polysynths with lovely wooden housings.

Last edited:

TJontheRoad

Gold Supporting Member
NSD :banana

rs=w:1440,h:1440
:banana

marzzz

I have to check, but I think it is the same filter as the Waldorf M. Yes, a very nice filter, but there are times I would like a 12 dB filter (or even an SVF).

TJontheRoad

Gold Supporting Member
Here's a new studio track called "Mount Of Laurel" that features all sounds (except drums) from my UDO Super 6. Drums were played by me with a Roland V-Drum kit. Visuals were created with the Sleepy Circuits Hypno video synthesizer.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom