1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Uh Oh- no new Eternity orders...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Garygtr, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Garygtr

Garygtr Almost as good! Silver Supporting Member

I ordered and paid for an Eternity over the weekend, and now I see on the Love Pedal site that Sean isn't taking any new Eternity orders at this time...I guess I got in under the gun! Wondering what kind of wait times those who have bought Eternitys new have experienced, and if he generally contacts you to confirm the order?

2. blueprint

blueprint Member

Don't be afraid, Sean is very serious and consider every customer as a rock star.
    The waiting time is usually 3 weeks for the Eternity, but it's worth waiting. It's really a VERY GOOD pedal, one of the best IMHO.

3. Garygtr

Just heard from Sean, says my E should be done next week-I'm stoked! :D

4. dankayaker

dankayaker Supporting Member

Steves Music might still have one in stock if someone is looking.

5. Mojoman

Mojoman Supporting Member

Yeah I actually saw this the other day and was pretty upset. I really wanted to try the pedal out, but this morning while surfing on Steves Music site I for a Vibe I saw the Eternity and called. They had a couple in stock I think, but now 1 less than that, because that one is on its way to me!

6. baguiocity

baguiocity Member

i sent my payment monday morning then got mine thursday from steves music and its awesome.I cant crank my amp but tomorrow will be wailing away day:D

7. prsflame

prsflame Member

I ordered my Eternity on 10/21. It arrived on Monday 10/31. I was pleasantly surprised by the fast turnaround, as I expected to wait four weeks. I waited about 2 weeks for my COT as well. I'm glad I ordered when I did. These pedals are absolutlely incredible. Now that I have them, I don't know how I ever lived without them.:D

8. Garygtr

Aaaaantica-PATION.....killin' me! :D

9. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

Sean told me that he sometimes shuts down his webpage orders on different pedals to simply reduce demand. He's a one man show, so he has to do something to retain his sanity. But yes he does treat all his customers like rock stars. I don't know how he does it. He gets lies told about him, other pedal makers hate him... it's just that he doesn't play the game like they want him to.

Whatever his business model, those of us that own his stuff have surely benefited from it...

ALWAYS REMEMBER THOUGH... FOR THE TIME BEING... THE ETERNITY PEACFULLY COEXISTS WITH US.
    :dude

10. PaulC

PaulC Member

I talk to a bunch of other pedal makers all the time - I've never heard anybody say anything like they hate him at all... I think he's neato myself

:)

PaulC

11. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

That's actually from the horses mouth, and he may be talking about some of the bigger "boutique" guy's. He didn't name names... May be an exageration, don't know.

Paul, seems that you're pretty "neato" too. It is my perception that you and Sean make the most popular OD's on this forum.

:D

12. shawnpurcell

shawnpurcell Member

It has been about a year since I talked to Sean - I need to call him again!

The pedal thing can be lame at times. I know where Sean is coming from. It's the reason I still don't have a web site even though the pedal has been going strong for about 3 years. I just don't have the nerve to jump into it full force because of all the back biting and stuff. It would be so cool if everybody could just do what they do without all the games... People should just worry about making better products instead of trying to put down others as a way of making sales. There's room for everybody!

Well this used up the last 2 minutes at work, so I can go home now!

Later, PaulC

13. Garygtr

Paul, when did you become Shawn Purcell? :D

14. Tomo

Tomo Member

One of my students brought the Eternity pedal.

Very cool sounding pedal.

Tomo

15. PaulC

PaulC Member

That's about the 10th time I've posted as shawn! I swear he's a real person, and not my alter ego troll! Shawn works with me at Heritage, and we both waste time during the day looking at sites like this. In fact we met on Musictoyz and got to know each other a bit when he moved here to Nashville. When we had an opening at Heritage I told him about it, and he got the job. He's a smokin player even if he is way to much into jazz...

I've got to remember that I'm not the only one at work that likes to waste time on gear page, and to clear all cookies!!

PaulC

16. Garygtr

Mr Munky, on the "Slap" cut, what is the sound that kicks in at 1:30-sounds like fuzz, is it fuzz into Eternity or by itself? I assume the lead sound before that is the Eternity-sounds great, either way. :AOK

17. Garygtr

Waste time? Surely you jest, sir :D

18. baguiocity

baguiocity Member

i just found out the new eternitys dont come with an extra chip now.Still cool with me:D

19. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

Oh well...

The good thing, they're easy to find and are real cheap (comparitivly).