Umm... a programable ToneCore pedal??? wow.

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by aksman, Oct 8, 2008.

1. aksman

aksman Member

2. Bryan T

Bryan T Guitar Owner Silver Supporting Member

Amazing! I want to make my own bit reduction pedal.

This is going to keep my up at night until I get it . . . and then it'll keep me up at night while I use it.

3. aziltz

aziltz Member

ive looked at it a bit, they really don't give you much to go on here. just the code for an eq function, you have to either invent it all YOURSELF or get it from someone else. its not like drag and drop sounds from the tonecore series.

4. dotlikeimpact

dotlikeimpact Supporting Member

this looks great. I've always wished the cycling74 people would come out with a pedal or rack box that could run max/msp patches. this is a bit more difficult, but the possibilities are endless. there are dsp cookbooks out there, and you know that the day these are released, there will be a sourceforge open-source project for this.

5. dotlikeimpact

oh wait, no mac version. screw that.

6. Bryan T

I've already started bugging my wife to install XP on her Intel-based Mac.

Bryan

7. dotlikeimpact

it just seems so counter-intuitive to have a geeky software package and not have any *nix versions available (os x or linux). whatever, y'all can have it.

8. shaneygoo

shaneygoo Member

anyone got one? anyone selling their modules on ebay?

and yeah wish they supported linux, and why not have a port for midi and expression?

only things I can think of that I'd want to invest the time in making would need an expression pedal

9. Bryan T

I looked into this quite a bit and I decided that the programming hurdle would be too high for me. From what folks on the Line 6 forum were saying, there really isn't much support for C, though it is possible to program in C for it. It sounds like the assembly-like language is the one they are pushing . . . and I don't know a thing about that. If there were more support for C, I might dive in, though the closest language I've worked with is Java.

I'm realizing that Max/MSP might be a better fit for me, given the way I think about synthesis and processing from working with other programs.

At the moment, I'm having too much fun tweaking my Moog stuff with the MP-201 controller.

Bryan

10. vulcaniza P

vulcaniza P Member

11. kp8

kp8 Member

12. Bryan T

Pretty cool.

Does anyone know if there are any Max based boxes out there? I realize I could take a computer, but it isn't really pedalboard friendly. Max seems to have a much larger user/developer base, too.

Bryan

13. brightboy

brightboy Silver Supporting Member

14. Bryan T

Did anyone dive into this? I saw a person has put together a delay with ring modulation on the repeats, which is one of my favorite effects.

Bryan

15. storm319

storm319 Member

Really cool idea, but it still like to stay away from digital processing as much as possible. More possibilies yes, but also alot more problems. It is also a shame that Line 6 is continuing to use those terrible Tonecore enclosures (I have had many problems in the past)