unbelievable creation from Joe Driskill

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by twitch, May 2, 2005.

1. Leonc

Leonc Wild Gear Hearder Gold Supporting Member

Joe...man, what an incredible piece of workmanship. That's one for the grand children's stories. Incredible! Congrats!

2. hemlock

hemlock Guest

The back of that guitar is absolutely amazing! looks like some kind of alien spine or something.

3. JustPlay

JustPlay Member

Taboo, what pups does the guitar have? Rio Grande Texas and BBQ?

4. taboo

taboo Member

The Pickups are Rio Grandes. I will have to have my wife help me post pics. We'll give it a try. Thanks guys.

5. koamarlin

koamarlin Member

The guitar itself and the stunning inlaywork show a terrific amout of craftsmanship as well as affection - almost adiction- to the guitar building profession. On the other hand the mere preparation of the wolf´s picture before starting to do the puzzle should have been more accurate, I am afraid.

6. enharmonic

enharmonic Old Growth Gold Supporting Member

Lots of people marvel at Driskills, and for good reason. I have to say that even with all of the beautiful tops and the gorgeous overall design, the thing that still blows my mind is the bridge. The Driskill bridge is an amazing thing. I still remember my visit to Joe's shop about 5 years ago now...where he showed me how he mills his bridge out of a solid hunk of brass...truly inspiring. :)

7. koamarlin

koamarlin Member

Which brings us to the old dicussion about brass and aluminum...:cool:
    I was a brass-adicted myself for years ( coming from the 70ies brass replcement era) till Nik Huber convinced me to try the same wraparound bridge in aluminum: that opened a whole new demension for the same guitar!!!