Uncertain about Masterbuilt colour for a '57 strat, need your thoughts!

What colour would you go for? Over an aged ash body

• Shell Pink over Olympic White

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Shell Pink over 3TSB

Votes: 22 59.5%

• Total voters

trExmanN57

I'm going for a '57 strat and have all the specs ready, but still undecided on the colour; would you go for shell pink over 3TSB or olympic white? All over an aged ash body

Whiskeyrebel

Silver Supporting Member
So this is going to be like a "scratch art" picture? Like a factory respray worn to show the first color peeking through?

Alse1829

I’ve always liked the look of solid color over 3TSB. I think, especially if doing a faded shell pink, that it would blend in too much with the Olympic white.

Bill Lumberg

I Drink and I Know Things.
I would definitely go with the 3TSB under Pink given the two choices(I'd add gold hardware too). I think having the white under the pink might lead to it looking like a Barbie guitar.

Or perhaps looking more Mary Kay Cosmetics than Mary Kaye Strat.

Tag

Platinum Supporting Member
I would go for something unique like transparent Shell Pink if I was ordering from a master builder. If not, just go regular Shell Pink.
I am waiting for a quote from my local shop on a flat sawn necked Tele. Straight up NOS Shell pink!
Do it!!!
:beer

LikeAMotherF

Gold Supporting Member
Honestly think I might go with a transparent vintage blonde over aged ash '56
I like that better than the other options. And I *love* Shell Pink! But if you're going full '50s, the Pink over 3tsb would look weird (to me) and I wasn't loving that Pink over White you posted....
So go for the Transparent Blonde! :aok

Trending Topics