Uncirculated 1960 Burst discovered in the UK

Jazzandmore

Platinum Supporting Member
Video looks like it was released on May 10. I’m assuming they shot it a week or so before that because JB’s Instagram has them delivering to him at the Royal Albert Hall on May 5th from what I can tell.

yucatown

Gold Supporting Member
Have there been any burst purchases in the past two years not done by one Joe Bonamassa? Every time a burst appears, “calling Bonamassa” comments fly left and right. The trope gets tiring, but it seems true. Every burst discovery that I’ve seen on IG in the past two years (or more) has gone to him.

Jazzandmore

It's funny that he gets flack for buying guitars, and he gets flack for selling guitars. How many folks honestly are in the market to buy these guitars? I'm assuming most on forums don't have anywhere near the $$$, so really, no matter what, 99.999% of forumites aren't likely to acquire any of these when they come up.

But if he doesn't keep them forever, and eventually sells them, then guys have another chance to buy it from him. Heck guys could just reach out to him and make an offer if they seriously wanted the guitar.

yucatown

Gold Supporting Member
It's funny that he gets flack for buying guitars, and he gets flack for selling guitars. How many folks honestly are in the market to buy these guitars? I'm assuming most on forums don't have anywhere near the $$$, so really, no matter what, 99.999% of forumites aren't likely to acquire any of these when they come up.

But if he doesn't keep them forever, and eventually sells them, then guys have another chance to buy it from him. Heck guys could just reach out to him and make an offer if they seriously wanted the guitar.

Lots of assumptions here. My question was not rhetorical. I am simply wondering if any of the newly discovered bursts from the past two years went elsewhere. No flack directed to Mr. Bonamassa or anyone really.

Highnumbers

Silver Supporting Member
I am simply wondering if any of the newly discovered bursts from the past two years went elsewhere. No flack directed to Mr. Bonamassa or anyone really.

I can think of at least two Instagram-famous Burst discoveries in the past year alone that have not gone to Bonamassa.

And there are plenty of other Bursts being unearthed and trading hands privately, not everything is on the internet.

yucatown

Gold Supporting Member
I can think of at least two Instagram-famous Burst discoveries in the past year alone that have not gone to Bonamassa.

And there are plenty of other Bursts being unearthed and trading hands privately, not everything is on the internet.

I realize that.

Jazzandmore

Lots of assumptions here. My question was not rhetorical. I am simply wondering if any of the newly discovered bursts from the past two years went elsewhere. No flack directed to Mr. Bonamassa or anyone really.

No intent to single you out. Lots of folks on TGP comment on his buying and selling of guitars. And I agree regarding assumptions. I numbered it as 1/100,000 TGPers likely to be able to acquire one. But in truth it might be like 1/1000 or 1/10,000 general folks on the forum can spend 6 figures on a single guitar.

Badstrat

Wow what a story. Imagine the original owner getting the news he’s had a guitar sitting around the house or in storage with that sort of worth and having no idea. Good to see the integrity of ATB Guitars.

monkeybrains

Saw this on thier website but hadn't seen the video. There like 100+ photos of it on the website if anyone interested.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom