• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Uncle Lou's Treasure Trove

57gold

Gold Supporting Member
Yup.

Solid body heaven. Only missing a Black Guard Esquire, an Explorer and perhaps an early FB V.

Well, then there is the P90 LP stop tail and the pre 1957 LP Custom...

jiml

Silver Supporting Member
That '59 Burst with a headstock repair should be affordable, no?

Jazzandmore

Platinum Supporting Member
Man that guy has a serious collection going there! Certainly there are guys that can easily afford this kind of thing, actually a lot of guys who can. But finding guys in that group that care about having guitars could be tricky for keeping this whole group together. Hopefully he finds the right buyer though.

WordMan

Wax Rhapsodic
You're dreaming, and clearly don't know them very well.

To be clear: I don’t know them at all!!

I am only pointing to them because of how effective Joe has been at getting at great Les Pauls, and how active they have been. There was no tone or subtext to my post - just a working hypothesis.

57gold

Gold Supporting Member
Lou is looking for the Colts owner, who paid $3.9 million for a butchered celebrity Strat, or someone else like that.

The LP Forum fellows may be well off and they clearly love great vintage instruments, but I do not believe that they are in the Paul Allen or pro sports team owner economic sphere.

WordMan

Wax Rhapsodic
a) Joe doesn't pay retail.
b) Lou wants FAR more than retail, in his belief that the collection is worth much more than the sum of its parts.

Ah - got it. So it is less about Joe’s / Charlie’s ability to fund such a purchase - it is more about the fact that Uncle Lou has gone big with his news, as well as with his price. So perhaps Joe would’ve been on it if he got a first run at them under the radar and was able to negotiate a bit on price.

All of that makes sense.

Jazzandmore

Lou is looking for the Colts owner, who paid $3.9 million for a butchered celebrity Strat, or someone else like that.

The LP Forum fellows may be well off and they clearly love great vintage instruments, but I do not believe that they are in the Paul Allen or pro sports team owner economic sphere.

Yeah that’s what I think very few folks realize about this kind of stuff. You see it all the time in the G in G section (like this morning), someone posts a NGD for a guitar that cost $5000+ thousand dollars and folks start commenting on his being rich, great inheritance, etc. They don’t realize what real money is, or how many people have it. For a billionaire or even someone worth $500+ million, of which there are a large number (not in relation to total population obviously), even if the collection was $1 million per guitar ($9 million total), that is small money to spend for folks in that strata when they want something.

Big question is honestly not affording it, it’s more if any of those folks want this collection.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom