• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Underrated Guitar Brands.

Hey guys!

I hope you're all doing awesome!

I wanted to share a video that I just made and I also wanted to open up a discussion about underrated guitar/gear brands.

Lately, I've been playing guitars from this company called Stanford Guitars. They're a sister brand to the Maybach company and they make really solid instruments!

Not sure why this brand is not blowing up!

What's a brand that you like but feel they're highly underrated?

Here's the link to my video, cheers guys! :

fuzz guy

Tokai. Their MIC stuff is nicer than Epiphones and Squiers and their MIJ guitars better quality than a Fender or Gibson. You can often get them for great prices on the seconhand market, possibly due to the (unfounded) lack of respect they get.

King Marke

Tokai, as well as Fujigen Gakki (FGN), are and have been producing guitars for many well known brands, such as Fender and Ibanez. As their own guitars have much reduced overhead costs in comparison to established brands, Tokai and FGN are able to sell better quality with lower price.

Tokai. Their MIC stuff is nicer than Epiphones and Squiers and their MIJ guitars better quality than a Fender or Gibson. You can often get them for great prices on the seconhand market, possibly due to the (unfounded) lack of respect they get.
I played a Chinese Tokai 335 once, great guitar but the prices are quite interesting, they drastically change from region to region. For example, here in Austria, they cost about 1000 Euros whereas in Australia, they're way more affordable..

art__vandelay

Silver Supporting Member
Maybe not the entire brand, but the EBMM Stingray is grossly underused. Was curious on these for a couple years and when one came up used for a decent price I took the chance... One of my favourites now! Very intrigued by the Cutlass as well, though apparently these Stingray's are the only ones with chunkier necks.

Rod

Tone is Paramount
Gold Supporting Member
Those are some wild looking guitars.
Thanks @Trooper91 .. these 2 brands are mostly made in Korea, some are high quality Chinese. Chambered or hollow mahogany bodies, maple set necks, great fretwork and quality.. all under the Eastwood brand, Airline… The finishes aren’t to thick so it doesn’t mess with the tones to much…… great guitars for an alternative and airier sound to my Les Pauls .. a lot of them are modeled after the old Supro and National fiberglass body guitars from the 60’s….
The Rivolta brand is Dennis Fano’s Korean brand . He now builds his handmade Novo brand in Nashville, but they’re $4000.. these are all mostly under $1K… Eastwood has great sales sometimes if you get on their mailing list…

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom