Understanding Neunaber V2 and Exp

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jguss, Jan 21, 2015.

1. jguss

jguss Member

Perhaps I should have put this in the EXP availability thread, but I really wanted to get some detailed explanation of 2 issues with the V2 Neunaber pedals when used with the EXP. They are:
    1) With the EXP and a V2 pedal (let's say a Slate). Is it possible to get 2 simultaneous effects running if the pedal is run in MONO Mode? Next.
    2) Can more than one V2 pedals be operated by one EXP so that you can select saved patches on two pedals and hopefully toggle between them as a "scene"?

Even if these things aren't possible the V2 with EXP seems like a great combination, but I'm challenged for pedal board space and finding room for two more pedals in addition to my stereo Wet reverb is a challenge. Thanks.

2. gibs5000

gibs5000 Member

1) no, one effect at a time.
    2) yes, you have to either get neunaber expansion port, or you can get one of those cheap cat5e splitters and plug it into the EXP, then plug your cat5 cables into the splitter.

I am personally planning on getting 2 V2's and building separate ExP's for both so that I can change patches individually. Rather than making a scene change. If you build your own, you can omit the expression jacks and get it to fit into a 1590A enclosure rather than a 1590B like the ExP is in. Or if you need the jacks, you can try 3.5mm like the V1's had and could probably fit it all in a 1590A, especially if you just get a RJ45 cable and cut one plug off and hardwire it to the controls.

3. jguss

jguss Member

Thanks for the clarification. I know there is the fellow who was building the v1 patch changers. I wonder if he could put together a box that would essentially combine the switching capabilities of two EXPs in one box? I don't need expression ports for my needs. Just the ability to toggle presets.

4. gibs5000

gibs5000 Member

Your talking about Geosh, yea, he still builds them, as well as ExP's, I don't see why he wouldn't be able to make this happen for ya, give him a PM, I've talked back and forth with him on ExP's and how to build them for awhile now.

5. Geosh

Geosh Supporting Member

I have made a mini version in a 1590a enclosure, but it only had 2 programs and 2 presets (each). I didn't incorporate a step-counter to get the 3rd and 4th program options (because I didn't care to have them at the time), but I had looked into how to incorporate it and it didn't seem all that difficult.

You would essentially be wanting a Dual-EXP though? Individual control for 2 pedals, but in one enclosure? That wouldn't be any more difficult, but you'd have to go to a larger enclosure to fit everything and have room to spread out the footswitches to a usable spacing.