• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Uni-vibe repair and test

GBlekas

I went to Eric D's home in Houston, Texas and he had a vintage Uni-Vibe in near dead mint condition that did not work so after a quick assessment of the problem we fired up a soldering gun and got the pedal up and running.

In the house was a Mojo Vibe, a KR Vibe and a Voodoo Labs Vibe in addition to the original.

Being we had the original now up and running we couldn't help ourselves and just had to AB them all side by side.

Bottom line was the Mojo Vibe was right there next to the original.
The VL was good and the KR possibly had some sort of issue because it didn't sound quite as good as others that I had heard.

It was nice to see Bob's design sounding so much like the original because up until this point I had not gotten to actually test one of his pedals like this before.

Just thought I would share this with ya'll!

Regards,
George

drolling

Thanks very much, George!

I limped along with a Phase 90 for decades, having never even seen an original Univibe, let alone actually play one.

The first clone to hit home was the VoodDoo Lab MicroVibe - of course I was thrilled to grab one, along with their Proctavia, and retire the MXR to e-Bay where it fetched some ridiclous $$$$, and apparently I let it go cheap! One of the extemely rare moments where I made money on old gear.

When I somehow got ahold of Bob's number, I was able to upgrade to an Ultra, probably from one of the first batches, too!

Buddy of mine got a Mojo when they came out, and we A/B'd'em 19 ways from Sunday.. very, very close - but I like mine best, and my pal likes the size/weight, external power supply & vintage/modren mode switching of his mojo, so we're both happy!

Since then, I've been thru analog/digital delays, compressors, overdrives and lately, fuzzes, but the hunt for a good 'vibe ended with Mr. Sweet's creation.

Gotta admit, tho' - I've been very, very curious about Dave Foxes' new Aquavibe. He makes such good stuff.. the buffer kit alone has saved two of my old wahs!..

I'm gonna have to buy/try one sooner of later!

Incidentally, the MicroVibe eventually went in a trade. My current 'back-up's a Dano Chicken Salad; best 29 bucks I ever spent!

nlopez

Silver Supporting Member
Yes it was awesome to see George make that Univibe come to life. My first time to hear a real vibe.
George is right the Mojo was amazing. Heavenly probs to Bob and to Barb!
There was no shame with the VL. It held its own. I used it for several years and Eric D has it on his small board.
The KR did not sound lke it was working Nowhere as good as mine or the other three I have heard. I think it was a bad wall wart.
Eric Ds Fuzzes are realy, really impressive!

GBlekas

As Nick mentioned it is possible that we didn't use the right wall wart!
Doh!

I seem to remember that old vibe not working the last time I was around so it was pretty cool getting it up and running. I need to tell Eric to get some heat shrink to add some strength to the wiring at the DIN plug. (hopefully he comes around here to read and post!)

His Jezabel Fuzz sounded really good through the Marshall amp too! (almost forgot that one---thanks Nick for the reminder!)

I got a call from Kevin Randall as he was concerned about his creation.
I have to say that's pretty cool and great customer service!
I mean, this "issue" was most likely user error. :>0

You may or may not know it but I miss my buddy Bob Sweet a lot.
He was such a cool guy so getting to hear the Mojo side by side with an original got to me a bit.
Hey Bob, the tone really is in the design! Miss you brother!

George

bb sweet

I meant to do this a couple of days ago but it's been kinda busy around here, so I just took a break from my soldering gun to think George and his friends . It's so good to hear the Mojo did well side-by-side with the original Uni-vibe.
It's really sweet to hear that.
Barbara Sweet

I meant to do this a couple of days ago but it's been kinda busy around here, so I just took a break from my soldering gun to thank George and his friends . It's so good to hear the Mojo did well side-by-side with the original Uni-vibe.
It's really sweet to hear that.
Barbara Sweet
Hey. Been thinking about you.One day soon I will call ya.I know you are busy..Take care. Keith

Trending Topics