Unique Callaham- Looks Sweet!

No relation to the seller, just figured I'd post this up so you guys could check it out. I've never actually seen a Callaham that wasn't a strat or tele, pretty cool! If you know anything about these guitars, I'd love to hear about it.

It's called a Callaham SC Compact.

5dc5_1.jpg

Really short scale length; I'd love to see how that plays.

Geez, I'd buy that in a heartbeat if the seller had some visible feedback and weren't located in Japan.

kramerlover

Axe Marauder
I think it is interesting that he has a policy about ZER0 and negative bid records but the seller only has 2... :roll

Dave Orban

Platinum Supporting Member
Looks interesting... But I'd definitely be running it by Bill Callaham first...

RadackGuitars

I seem to recall Callaham making a small run of guitars that had something to do with a daughters school project or something???
this may be one of them.
ringing a bell with anyone?
Great looking guitar.

I seem to recall Callaham making a small run of guitars that had something to do with a daughters school project or something???
this may be one of them.
ringing a bell with anyone?
Great looking guitar.

Someone posted this on his auction (I have no idea if it's accurate though):

Hey there...I'm not interested in buying, but I remember seeing these on Bill Callaham's website a while back. These started out as a project guitar he was doing with his daughter for her shop class or something like that. From what I remember reading, he said they had a good time making it, and he decided to go ahead and do a limited run (I guess because he had everything set up in his shop to do them).

rhinocaster

Gold Supporting Member
I so very much want this guitar. I make take the chance. Of course, that all depends on what the bidding get to.

Trebor Renkluaf

I was hit by a parked car, what's your excuse?
Is that for real? Has anyone ever really seen one like that on Callaham's website? His F.A.Q. state that he doesn't do custom one offs.

Kalalau Hiker

Silver Supporting Member
very cool - pick guard reminds me of a Robin

pup wise that is too limited for me - but love the sea foam green!
I would avoid that as well - shipping and other concerns are too risky.

very cool - pick guard reminds me of a Robin

pup wise that is too limited for me - but love the sea foam green!
I would avoid that as well - shipping and other concerns are too risky.

I often find myself playing a whole show on nothing but the bridge pickup on most of my guitars; just cuts better for me in most situations. I could get by fine with just one bridge pickup, a tone knob, and a volume knob.

I think seafoam green is one of my favorite finishes ever.

fullerplast

Very cool looking guitar!

My main concerns (other than the normal foreign seller with limited background concerns) would be the short 23.5" scale length and the lack of truss rod in the neck. You need to like that scale and accept that you are stuck with whatever relief is built into the neck for a given string gauge. Go to heavier strings and relief will increase, like it or not. Stay with light strings and the short scale may feel pretty sloppy. Tough call.

Very cool looking guitar!

My main concerns (other than the normal foreign seller with limited background concerns) would be the short 23.5" scale length and the lack of truss rod in the neck. You need to like that scale and accept that you are stuck with whatever relief is built into the neck for a given string gauge. Go to heavier strings and relief will increase, like it or not. Stay with light strings and the short scale may feel pretty sloppy. Tough call.

I missed the part about the missing truss rod. Forget that!

frmorales52

Yes, it was a limited run done for a class. There were only a dozen or so made. He sold them directly off his web site - for a pretty fair price if I remember correctly.I was sorely tempted. But then, I've got a callaham "S" already. So I passed.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom