1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We've added some "new" guys to the moderator crew. All are longtime members that stepped up to the invite to help out by volunteering their time and effort to help the membership experience on TGP stay on the even keel. A special thank you to the 'new' guys that helping out. The new moderators are Mike Duncan, Stormin, ford, Teleplayer, and PurpleJesus A thread on the announcement is here!

Dismiss Notice

Universal Audio 6176 - Price check

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by Mikeroesoft, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Mikeroesoft

Mikeroesoft Silver Supporting Member

Just wondering what one might expect to pay for a used UA 6176.

2. Sunbreak Music

Sunbreak Music Member

I'll never sell mine, but one thing to do is look for UA's bundle sales where they sell a piece of hardware and give away a UAD2 device. Some folks to that, then sell the hardware and keep the DSP card.

That's a good time to hit ebay and look for deals, even if "new".

3. Mikeroesoft

Thanks for the tip. Do you know how much they usually go for on TGP? eBay is a different market it seems. Prices are out of whack more often than not.

4. loudboy

loudboy Member

Prices are out of whack here - sellers want way too much, and buyers will lowball you to death.

eBay is the real market value - I've done way better selling there, even with the fees.

5. whitepapagold

whitepapagold Member

100% Truth

I sell here, Gearslutz, Craigslist, Reverb, locally to friends/clients and handle all the gear sales for the oldest studio in Orange County.

The forums are mostly a pathetic joke of low ballers, no shows and tire kickers and on the sellers side- idealistic dreamers LOL.

6. Sunbreak Music

Sunbreak Music Member

But they don't hesitate to pick up the phone and give you a call to discuss....

7. Mikeroesoft

Sounds fun...I hate it when I am trying to sell stuff and I get ridiculous trade offers of numerous useless pieces of gear that combined might be in the ball park value wise of the item I have listed.

8. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

I"ve thought of selling mine since I never seem to record these days, but it's such a great unit. I was showing a friend who has a studio my Distressors that I was going to sell, and he really wanted the UA.