Universal Audio Apollo Interface

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by FFTT, Feb 6, 2012.

1. FFTT

FFTT Member

2. fisticuffs

fisticuffs Member

Yeah but you get a TON of processing on board. Pretty exciting at the NAMM show in a year dominated by low end iCessories.

3. FFTT

FFTT Member

4. Nelson89

Nelson89 Member

I'd go with the Toft ATB first....haha it seems you have similar dreams to me, i was looking at the X Desk and the Toft ATB16. Apollo is on the cards, but too new for me to drop that much dough on it just yet. Hopefully in Australia we don't get screwed with the price, there's only one seller i've found so far pre-ordering it, and they've put it at $2499AUD for the Duo and $2999AUD for the Quad, they give you a better price if you call them first though...

5. FFTT

FFTT Member

If you caught my other Logic Help thread, I think I need to learn my way around Logic before I invest in hardware upgrades.

It's going to be interesting to see what Apogee and Metric Halo do for
    Thunderbolt I/O's

From what I read, UA adds $500.00 for the Thunderbolt card.

6. Nelson89

Nelson89 Member

Yeh....plus the thunderbolt I/O won't be available for about 6 months or something anyway. I think its a good thing though for that reason, it'll kick apogee and metric halo in the butt in terms of what they should be looking at including in their next pieces.

7. FFTT

FFTT Member

It's why I haven't been all that motivated to replace my ProjectMix just yet.
    Fire Wire I can already do. I want to use my T-bolt connection on this new MBP rig.