Universal Audio UAFX Pedal Series: Golden Reverbreator, Starlight Echo Station, Astra Modulation Machine

Valveampguy

This was very unexpected, but I am totally intrigued and interested upon first glance. This is right up my alley, especially reverb and echo/delay ones. The price point requires for these to really deliver, so I'd have to see and hear more of these...

Astronaut FX

Gold Supporting Member
I can kind of understand people being taken aback by the price points. Compared to other pedals by the major players, each of these pedals seem to have fewer algorithms. But for me the jury is still out. If, for the algorithms that are included, there's a significant step up in quality, they may very well be worth every penny.

mvsr990

I just watched the videos.... they sound good, but are seriously limited in their features for that price point IMO. I love UA, don't get me wrong... but this has me scratching my head a bit
... what features do you want from, say, the reverb that aren't included?

$400 is $500 less than the Chase Bliss pedal, a few bucks more than the DBA Rooms, in the ballpark of the Chase Bliss Dark World.

Tabor

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah no.
$400 for no Midi? Not even an EXP Jack? Only one preset? $300 sure but $400?
Not that I personally need those things but something without those features shouldn't cost as much as other things with those features. I guess everyone thinks they’re CBA these days but forgot that the dips and midi and other features are a big part of why those pedals cost as much as they do: It takes extra money upfront to build a pedal with those capabilities.

Last edited:

Valveampguy

I can kind of understand people being taken aback by the price points. Compared to other pedals by the major players, each of these pedals seem to have fewer algorithms. But for me the jury is still out. If, for the algorithms that are included, there's a significant step up in quality, they may very well be worth every penny.
I agree with this. To me it's not about quantity of algorithms, but tonal quality especially when it comes to the core bread & butter effects like reverb and delay. I would rather have fewer, classic algorithms but these spot on with highest possible tonal depth, than a number of different odd algorithms (like the xteenth octave shimmer) I'd never or rarely use.
I do understand the no midi is a deal breaker for some at that price point, though. To me, it does not matter.

Trending Topics