Univibe and leslie pedals in the signal path.

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by windfeld, Feb 21, 2009.

1. windfeld

windfeld Senior Member

Hi Guys

Where do you put your univibe and leslie simulators in your chain?

I have these pedals.

Rmc pic wah, Turbo Tuner, AM KOT4, Zendrive, Cochrane TIM, Frantone vibutron, t-rex replica, van amps sole-mate.

And I need to put a KR megavibe and a DLS rotosim in there. where? :D

- Andreas

2. mrp3118

mrp3118 Member

I put univibe right after wah and before dirt.

3. drolling

drolling Member

wah>fuzz>'vibe>overdrive=BOG

4. Phil M

Phil M Supporting Member

Same here. I like leslie or univibes before my dirty sounds. They tend to amplify more noise if your tone is very dirty, but it just sounds right to me. Not a big deal if you're playing, or if you just have mild dirt.

5. tbone666

tbone666 Supporting Member

+1.

6. fuzzface71

fuzzface71 Supporting Member

I would suggest:

Turbo Tuner, Zendrive, Rmc pic wah, Cochrane TIM, AM KOT4, (Univibe), (Leslie pedal) Frantone vibutron, t-rex replica,

7. shngn7

shngn7 Member

That's how I do it as well. I put it after dirt if I am going for a BOG type sound.

8. Wheeler004

Wheeler004 Member

I put my vibe before my dirt, but my Leslie sim at the end of the signal chain.

9. JP~)

JP~) Member

sorry to bring back an old thread...but i just read this and tried my univibe before my fuzz....and there it will stay. it sounds full/deep and swooshy again. Thanks! Never would have thought to put it there on my own :)

This post in particular was very helpful:

effectrode:
    "Where modulation effects follow gain effects. However, because the vibe introduces severe filtering, it completely disrupts any fine adjustments to tone shaping made with a graphic, parametric eq. or even just the basic tone controls on your favorite overdrive pedal. A good distortion/fuzz sound depends heavily on tone shaping, so putting a vibe after it completely ruins time and effort painstakingly spent dialling up your signature overdrive tone."

10. FenderBigot

FenderBigot Supporting Member

Same here with one exception... I have a slight boost with very low gain (BD2) infront of the vibe. It gives the vibe a little higher level of intensity, but my two higher gain ODs are after the vibe.